Thread: Fish out of water here.

Fish out of water here.

Hello. I hope I'm in the right place but I could be way off. I recently purchased a home from an estate and the owner had been building a small airplane in his basement and garage. I'm simply looking for somewhere, preferably in the Chicago area to try to find someone interested in purchasing it. It is a kit for a Zodiac CH 650 B I believe. ANY ideas would be unbelievably appreciated as I have no idea where to start. Thank you so much.

This is a fine place to start.

My first option would be to register and post to the builder's group for that make of aircraft. Second, I would post an ad on Barnstormers.com. That is a very popular site.

Good luck with your sale.

One important thing to do is to find and keep any and all paperwork relating to the plane... receipts, photos, plans, logbooks, etc. Anybody buying the project will need it.

So far all I found was a very extensive blue print from Zenith with a serial number that goes with the fuselage and a binder with color pictures to show how to assemble each piece.

If you are not familiar with aircraft, I would contact the nearest EAA Chapter and ask for their assistance in selling the project. Usually there is a tech counselor or somebody knowledgeable in the chapter that can and will help. They may even be familiar with that particular project and may be able to provide additional information about the builder and quality of the build, which should help with selling it. They can also help give you an idea as to the value of what you have. If you follow this link, you can search for the nearest EAA Chapter. The information will include contact information for the chapter and technical counselors.

Zenith 650

Quote Originally Posted by jbear66 View Post
    Hello. I hope I'm in the right place but I could be way off. I recently purchased a home from an estate and the owner had been building a small airplane in his basement and garage. I'm simply looking for somewhere, preferably in the Chicago area to try to find someone interested in purchasing it. It is a kit for a Zodiac CH 650 B I believe. ANY ideas would be unbelievably appreciated as I have no idea where to start. Thank you so much.
    Zenith has a forum a website with a classifieds section. I would also recommend barnstormers site for an ad at very reasonable prices.
    If thats too much for you, send me all your info on the plane and I will post it on the Zenith forum with instruction to call or email you at the info
    you provide me.
    I own a Zenith 601 XLB which is very similar to the plane you are looking to get rid of.
    I have to warn you it may not be worth much, depending on the state of progress of the build and whether you have the required documentation to provide to
    the purchaser. But if you are looking to give it away Im sure there will be a lot of takers.
    Dave
    dothetime@hotmail.com