Thread: Trying to get an electric wheel chair to a family in Indianapolis

Trying to get an electric wheel chair to a family in Indianapolis

I am trying to give this family an electric wheel chair and need some help getting this chair to Indianapolis. This chair is in Springfield Illinois. After pondering this I thought maybe an EAA member would be willing to fly this to this family. The gentleman is a American Vet who has had throat cancer and now this may have come back. His wife is in a wheel chair and he takes care of her. He is having issue's with this care and this electric chair would make both of their life's easier.

If you know someone or maybe you would be willing to help in this endeavor please contact me. Maybe you know someway I could ship this without it costing an arm and leg. Neither I nor this man I am trying to give this chair to can afford much. Here is the chair I need shipped.

Name:  SAM_7702.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  80.8 KB Name:  SAM_7704.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  76.5 KB Name:  SAM_7705.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  79.7 KB

God Bless and thank you.

Tony

My plane's still down so I can't help, but it would get you some more interest possibly if you indicate how much the thing weighs.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    My plane's still down so I can't help, but it would get you some more interest possibly if you indicate how much the thing weighs.
    Very good point. I have no idea and no idea how i would weigh it. Without the batteries I would say it weighs in at 40 lbs. But it is a guess. It will be shipped without the batteries. They need replaced. They are new but this chair has been sitting for a couple years so I am sure they have gone bad. Why I put new batteries in this then stuck it away in a closet is beyond me. I knew batteries have shelf life. Stupid move on my part.

Thanks for taking the time to comment on this Ron.

Tony

Banned
    Call and give that weight to UPS Ground, FedEx Ground, the Post Office and Greyhound or any bus service freight and find out the costs to compare. 40 lbs should provide a reasonable cost with any of these with Bus probably being the cheapest.

Please post the shipping cost. I'll gladly kick in something to the worthy cause so you won't need to go out of pocket. Others might also choose to contribute?

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Please post the shipping cost. I'll gladly kick in something to the worthy cause so you won't need to go out of pocket. Others might also choose to contribute?
    This is so very kind of you. But someone stepped forward and offered to drive this to this man for the cost of gas. I believe one tank will get him there and back. I will cover this. He said he can not do it until next weekend, he works week days. Sound good to me.

God Bless everyone for the help. Just awesome.

Tony

Count me in too.
    Bob