Thread: Award Winning Cygnet for Sale

Award Winning Cygnet for Sale

Sadly, it's time to give up Zig Berzins 1989 Reserve Grand Champion Homebuilt Cygnet SF-2A. I've been restoring and flying it for several years and try to park it in front of Homebuilt Headquarters each year. We're moving to a higher Colorado elevation and I'm downsizing to my Murphy Super Rebel. It has approx 700 hrs total time, 45 hrs on a new Great Plains 2276 cc engine with electric start, dual ignition, unique oil filter fitting built by Zig, new Ed Sterba prop, MGL Extreme EFIS, MGL V6 digital radio, EXBUS 2 electrical panel, and much more. This is the best Cygnet out there. It flies like a pussy cat, tracks true on takeoff and landing, cruises at 105 mph at 19.5 inches of manifold pressure with me (205 lbs) and full fuel. I'm asking $16,500.00. Please contact me here or at three one four, seven nine one, three five three six.
    Thanks,
    Jerry
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bump -- still for sale.

Hi Jerry,

Do you still have either Cygnet for sale? I'm trying to start a flying club here in the Seattle area and we need an affordable plane.

Also, since you are so knowledgeable about Cygnet building, have you considered making a Youtube video or something similar to guide first builders? I'm sure there are some hard to make parts that your advice and guidance would be a great help.

thanks for your time,

Anh

p.s. where in CO did you move to? I went to college in Colorado Springs.

I spoke with Jerry the other day. Yes he still has this airplane for sale. He has been so busy no time to try and sell this airplane. But he does need it sold before he moves. I know right now he is really busy and may not see this post. He built an awesome Super Rebel and is finishing this airplane as we speak. He is also trying to get ready for his move and trying to build his new home. He is building this home by himself. Amazing what Jerry can do and what he does. One very nice person. They just don't come any better. I can tell you there is another man by the name of Matt interested in that airplane. I plan on calling Matt today and speaking with him about this cygnet. He was interested in mine but I doubt I will sell it. The cygnet would make a great bird for a club. IMHO.

I should mention, I have the Cygnet Jerry built.

Name:  SAM_7295.jpg
Views: 1250
Size:  100.4 KB

Tony
    Last edited by 1600vw; 01-07-2018 at 05:53 AM.

Anh,
    Yes, NX237F is still for sale. I haven't advertised it since last year. It is a beautiful airplane and would make a nice club airplane. The Cygnet is very easy to fly and as taildraggers go, is a pussycat. This historical plane is located at H19, about 70 miles NW of St Louis. I begin building in Pagosa Springs CO in May, and can't really take this one with me. I recently completed my Murphy Super Rebel and it looks like the cards are aligned for a first flight this coming Tuesday afternoon. Give me a call at three one four, seven nine one, three five three six and we can discuss.
    Best,
    Jerry Folkerts

Quote Originally Posted by sr2500 View Post
    Anh,
    Yes, NX237F is still for sale. I haven't advertised it since last year. It is a beautiful airplane and would make a nice club airplane. The Cygnet is very easy to fly and as taildraggers go, is a pussycat. This historical plane is located at H19, about 70 miles NW of St Louis. I begin building in Pagosa Springs CO in May, and can't really take this one with me. I recently completed my Murphy Super Rebel and it looks like the cards are aligned for a first flight this coming Tuesday afternoon. Give me a call at three one four, seven nine one, three five three six and we can discuss.
    Best,
    Jerry Folkerts
    Jerry I would agree the Cygnet would make a very nice club airplane. You do not get this sight picture from any other tail wheel airplane that I am aware of anyway.

Name:  2017-07-20.jpg
Views: 1107
Size:  20.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here are a couple short video's flying in a Cygnet, if you have never been in one or flown one. I mounted the camera to my helmet or head so you could get a pilots view or perspective.

Here is the end of that first video showing the landing.

If you watch that last video on the landing. After I land you wait for the tail to come down. But the tail is already down, but it sure does not look like it. Took me some time to get use to that sight picture. I do really love this airplane. But it will not teach you how to fly a tail dragger. It flies to easy for a normal tail wheel airplane. To learn tail wheel fly something else. The cygnet flies like a trike or nose wheel airplane. You really never feel like you are flying a tail wheel airplane. IMHO

Thank you Jerry. None of this could be possible if not for you. Every time I fly this airplane I think of you. Heck every time I see this airplane I think of you. Thank You.

Tony

I just got notice Jerry arrived in his new home after flying in between mountains in his new Murphy. Tony thanks for passing on Zig's. I was interested in the Green one but you already owned it for about 6 months when I called Jerry. I have been a Steward of it for a little over a month going over every System and Jerry left it in fine shape. My CFI took a few hour calibrating in it per my insurance company's requirements yielding a few good airport videos. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nx237f

I am grateful to Zig for building a masterpiece example of the Cygnet and Jerry for refreshing and updating it for the next 30 years of service.

Regards,

Matt