Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Songs Pump YOU Up for Flying?

What Songs Pump YOU Up for Flying?

When I fly in the summer, I wear ear buds rather than a conventional headset. Before flight, I like to test them...so I plug them into my phone, where I got a ton of flying-related tunes. Usually play one to get me in the mood before strapping-on the airplane.

This is one of my favorites. What are yours?

Use the "embed video" button to display the song.

Ron "Innocuous at best" Wanttaja
    Last edited by rwanttaja; 10-06-2017 at 09:54 AM.

lol,

Steppenwolf - Born to be wild

Instead of the "starting engine" checklist. I prefer to call for the "Get your motor runnin' " checklist.

Before takeoff checklist? Nah, it's "Head out on the highway" checklist

"Lookin' for adventure" checklist" Capt, it's called the "After takeoff check" Yeah, okay, whatever.......

I remember that song Ron, nice selection.

My choices would not be as on subject, I lean more toward the general which can mean lots of things to different people. This one fits that theme and I'd want it on any aircraft playlist I might take along;

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    I love Marty's choice, but I'm laughing at the fact that mine is at the complete opposite end of the spectrum!

This song has been inextricably tied to the opening of a hangar door on a blue sky day since I first heard it in 1991. (Those of you know me know of my deep affection for the film itself, too.)

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

This one describes it best...For I believe I can fly...I think about it every night and day.....This should be EAA's theme song..
    Last edited by 1600vw; 10-06-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Interesting--I've never had a song or particular music that prepped me for flying. I almost always have tunes going in the car, but they're usually the easy listening XM channels, occasionally jazz, whatever is playing. I also have XM radio in my airplane, which I typically turn on when I'm flying alone after climbing to my cruise altitude or just sight-seeing, same channels.

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

While flying the only music I listen to is the music coming from the engine.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    Interesting--I've never had a song or particular music that prepped me for flying. I almost always have tunes going in the car, but they're usually the easy listening XM channels, occasionally jazz, whatever is playing. I also have XM radio in my airplane, which I typically turn on when I'm flying alone after climbing to my cruise altitude or just sight-seeing, same channels.
    I have a 6-CD changer in my car, which are loaded with songs in MP-3 format. So that gives me about 200 songs, and I've got it set up to play randomly.

Even randomly, it seems to pick up good flying songs on the way to the airport. I've got Hal's "Rocketeer" soundtrack, the theme to "Firefly", "633 Squadron," "The Battle of Britain," "Those Magnificent Men," "The Blue Max," "The Right Stuff," Dick Jonas' "Fireball", etc.

When you fly purely for fun, like I do, it makes it kind of special when one of these pops up as I'm pulling in front of the hangar. Haven't tried to listen in flight; just don't want to handle the hassle, I guess.

Ron Wanttaja

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    Interesting--I've never had a song or particular music that prepped me for flying...

Cary
    Same for me as well but I have a number of favourite songs that make me think about flying, that make me dream about flying, that inspire me to create flying videos(never have) using each of these songs as soundtracks:

Time- Pink Floyd

Couldn't Get It Right- Climax Blues Band

Pushin' Too Hard- The Seeds

Love Train- The O'Jays (I substitute Train with Plane- go ahead try it)

Twisting By The Pool- Dire Straits

Journey To The Centre Of Your Mind- The Amboy Dukes(for all you gun totin, gun lovin' people, Ted Nugent founded this band and plays lead guitar like a man on fire)

I Had Too Much Too Dream Last Night- The Electric Prunes ( used on Air America soundtrack)

Learning To Fly- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

Edit: Forgot to add that back in the day I used the ADF for only listening to AM top 40 radio while flying. Great fun and great feeling.
    Last edited by Floatsflyer; 10-06-2017 at 05:41 PM.