Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Songs Pump YOU Up for Flying?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec1CNBkDnSo

Turn the smoke on and beat up the neighbours.

Share them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hann View Post
    Darn it Hal, you are costing me MORE money! I just bought the BluRay, now I need to buy the soundtrack too! (I draw the line at the helmet, too hard to fly the Pacer with it on!) So I'll be adding the opening theme to my list.

I also have a certain podcast's intro and outro now too which bring a smile to my face! (Thank you Hal and Jim O')

What do I already have? Remember a few years back when the dynamic duo of Ric and James wrote a couple of numbers for EAA Radio about AirVenture? Yep, I hve MP3s of all three that I know of: AirVenture Blues, North 40, and my personal favorite Rock Your Wings! If they wrote any others I'd be searching for them too!!! Oh, and although it isn't really "aviation" I also have several pieces played by Jerry's One Man Band on my favorite list, they bring both a smile to my face and a tear to my eye simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by raytoews View Post
    Turn the smoke on and beat up the neighbours.
    Shoot, that was just barbecue night in my old neighborhood.... :-)

Ron Wanttaja

I really like this one, not to fast, (the Champ ain't fast) not to slow, just an easy flowing rhythm that works well for the motorcycle also.
    Bob
    https://youtu.be/53Xm5NNSzJ0

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    It's easier with an open-cockpit airplane.

Ron "They say I look like a hood ornament" Wanttaja
    I don't need to tell you how much I love this.

I have a 6-CD changer in my car, which are loaded with songs in MP-3 format. So that gives me about 200 songs, and I've got it set up to play randomly. Even randomly, it seems to pick up good flying songs on the way to the airport.
    My iPhone does the same thing.

I've got Hal's "Rocketeer" soundtrack, the theme to "Firefly", "633 Squadron," "The Battle of Britain," "Those Magnificent Men," "The Blue Max," "The Right Stuff," Dick Jonas' "Fireball", etc.
    I've got pretty much that same bunch. The "Firefly" theme is perfect - "you can't take the sky from me." I just wish there was an extended version.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

To me there's still nothing as rousing as launching into flight singing the Army Air Corps (now Air Force) Song. You got to sing all three verses along with "Toast to the host" bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by cwilliamrose View Post
    Yes! Little Wing -- perfect for the small biplane pilot. I would respectfully add a third version as a possibility (or even have all three available);

That one might inspire some more spirited flying...........
    When I watch people like that, and Tommy Emmanuel, I just want to make kindling out of mine !
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Yes indeed. So is your choice of avatar- almost 50 years ago but still timely and prophetic. "This used to be a helluva good country. I can't understand what's gone wrong with it." - George Hanson(Jack Nicholson)
    He has played some great characters for sure. As far as Avatar, I've never seen it !
    Bob