Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Video: My Metal Mistress - A Totally Restored 1956 Cessna 172

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    Interestingly enough, she also said she wouldn't like it if I had a pinup on my aircraft, saying "I should be enough for you" in true Southern Redhead fashion.
    She's right of course. I had a similar situation when I first started going out with my wife to be. On a date I wore a t-shirt emblazoned with "I Was Married Once, Now I Just Lease". She let me know that it was embarrassing for her to walk beside me and that it showed contempt and disrespect towards her. It was a dumb, insensitive thing to do, I turned it inside out then threw it away when I got home.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    The discussion here is not that the picture is offensive-which it is far from-but that it is sexist.
    And insulting to women, particularly women in aviation, who are making strides to break into an industry that is a notoriously "old boy's club." And, it's inappropriate for EAA's Young Eagles.

Of all the things to worry about, I'd put that way down on the list.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark van Wyk View Post
    And insulting to women, particularly women in aviation, who are making strides to break into an industry that is a notoriously "old boy's club." And, it's inappropriate for EAA's Young Eagles.
    I don't write often on forums, but this requires an exception. There is nothing wrong with the art but there is something really wrong with the PC environment that has infected America (like a lethal disease). It's come to the point where I try to do the opposite of whatever the current PC thought is. The people need to get a life.