Thread: Pre aileron Quicksilver Questions help sought.

Pre aileron Quicksilver Questions help sought.

I am working on a Quicksilver project and I am about to build a full scale wing section but have a few questions. I have built Quicksilver hang gliders but I need some information about the leading edge and rear spar of the MX. My project will be a spoileron wing so rear spar info that pertains to the pre aileron MX and weight shift model is sought.

First the MX leading edge looks like a 1 and 5/8ths X .058 and I don't know for sure if any internal sleeving was used?
    I assume that the leading edge external sleeving is just segments at the stress points, and not a continuous sleeve like on the 2 inboard compression struts and diagonal strut. Is this the case?

That leaves the rear spar which looks like 1 inch, but the wall thickness is what I need to know about. The hang glider was .049 but what about the MX? Also is the rear spar external sleeves just segments at the stress points? Thanks GS

Best place for info on old Quicksilvers is the yahoo group, somebody there will no doubt know. Also check out Tri-State Kites. Mark Smith, who was the undisputed Quickilver guru, is gone, but the business is still operating.

old 15 acre homestead on N.D. prairie
    You might check out Air Tech Inc. as they make all the parts for Quicksilver now and they are a nice group of folks to deal with.