Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stewart Headwind N96DR for Sale! 51 hours

Stewart Headwind N96DR for Sale! 51 hours

Recently completed Stewart Headwind N96DR. 51 hours TTAF and engine. Time will change as aircraft is being flown. Hummel 1915cc 65HP DUAL IGNITION engine. 54/38 prop. No electrics, prop start. Exempt from ADS-B out requirements. Basic VFR panel. 502# empty, 775# gross weight. Easy cruise at 80mph. Brakes with parking brake, large lower mounted oil cooler, spin on oil filter, carb heat box. Zenith carb. 9.2 gallon fuel tank takes 91oct mogas. Custom fiberglass cowl. Excellent workmanship. Search Youtube for "N96DR" for videos showing maiden flight, air to air, and take off and landings. Located at 7G8 Geauga County Airport (Northeast Ohio). $12,950. No trades please.

Contact Dave Rigotti 440.241.4132.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Still for sale!

I guess I better start a diet....If I owned that plane I couldn't carry enough fuel to fire up the engine and taxi 10 feet - lol - I ain't fat, I'm just built for traction, not for speed.

Great looking plane. I'm a long time fan of Don Stewart's little plane but I think I'd like to be the builder as much if not more than the owner of one.

220 lbs with full fuel. If you weigh more you might find it harder getting in, anyway.

Look like a great little plane. What prompts the sale so soon after completion and first flight?
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

It is not possible for me to own 2 aircraft at the same time so now you now the reason I'm selling her. She flies absolutely straight and true. 2 other fellas have flown her and have always landed with big grins! I am pleased with the design and flying qualities of Dons airplane!

Quote Originally Posted by cluttonfred View Post
    Look like a great little plane. What prompts the sale so soon after completion and first flight?

I am tempted but not really in a position to buy an aircraft as I will be moving again soon. I wish you well with the sale, though I think you're unlikely to find a buyer for any VW-powered single-seater at that price, but let's hope I'm wrong.
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

Still available. Make offer via private message please.

Dave Rigotti

Here is another picture....
    Dave Rigotti