Thread: Hanger Talk

Hanger Talk

Not sure this is in the right forum so if it's not, just direct me to the correct one. I have considered reinstating my private license lately, it was never denied, just expired for years. I have some medical issues that will require a "Special Issuance" ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh, scary !!! Well, it is and probably expensive too so I may be better off continuing to fly S/P. So I'm thinking about selling the parts I've made for my CH-701 project, selling my motorcycle and maybe with my meager "Bob's rat hole" money I can come up with about 12 grand. I would like to find something two place with a cruise around 80 mph but a little faster would be nice although I know I won't be going anywhere very fast and if I have to go slower I'll just go ultralight. I have my tail wheel endorsement and fly a Champ from time to time but it's booked up a lot. With the Champ I pretty much figure low and slow is going to be it. I know there are Kolbs, Flight Stars, Titan Tornados, CGS Hawks and on the upper end the Kit Fox and Avid Flyers. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and I also take criticism very well so don't hesitate to shoot me down ! LOL I don't expect this is going to happen anytime real soon, I have to clean the shop out so I can get my airplane parts down from the loft and it's a little late in the season for selling a motorcycle. But if I get the ball rolling now maybe next year I can start negotiating on something suitable. It's so hard to find any Light Sport planes within 50 mi. so I figure I'll just have to buy something. It's 16.5 mi to the nearest airport (they have nothing to rent) and 12 mi to my buddy's house with a 1600 foot driveway and a hanger so that beats a 50 mi round trip with no guarantee of flying even though the plane was reserved on line. Well, the wind has picked up, someone flew longer than expected and now the plane is in for the hundred hour inspection or a student bent the tail wheel or the primer is stuck. I've gotten all the excuses after I made the 50 mi trip for nothing, and if this isn't enough I've got more ranting I can do !
    Bob

Your "license" does not expire so I'm guessing it's just your medical certificate. If so, you have a couple of options: Check out the BasicMed rule: https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certifi...ion/basic_med/

Or just go fly as a Sport Pilot.

You're right Marty, it's just my 3rd class medical. I have been flying S/P and hope to find a decent 2 seater with about the same cruise as a Champ, that's what I'm used to. I see this thread is also in the Homebuilt Forum so I guess this one should be deleted. Thanks for the reply.
    Bob