Thread: filling out forms

filling out forms

I am getting ready to fill out my forms 8050-1 and 8050-88 and I have a question. There is a section on form 8050-88 that asks about the engine - manufacturer, model and serial number. I bought a VW engine kit from Great Plains Aircraft, which I put together myself. I am considered to be the manufacturer (I think), but what about model and serial number? It is a Type 1 VW engine, but I can't find any numbers on the block. Do I make my own tag and put my name and a serial number on it? I'm not too sure how to do this, any help would be appreciated.

You can call it whatever you want, and you can give it any identification that you want (or not). You can stamp numbers into the case, or on the accessory case/motor mount, or make a data plate if you want. Most people I've worked with usually call a Great Plains engine a "Great Plains" engine, but you can call it something else if that strikes your fancy. It's experimental, so the choice is yours!
    Cheers!

Joe

I built my 360 from a kit (under the direction of an experienced IA/A&P!). I just called it serial # 1.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

I think I just took a number off the block. It might have been a model number or a production number, but it was a number. Blank spaces are evil in the eyes of the paperwork people, so make them happy.

Also, my VW from Valley Engineering is listed as "Volkswagen" for manufacturer and "Conversion" for the model in the FAA paperwork.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.