Thread: Buckeye Paraplane

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Buckeye Paraplane

I'm looking at a Buckeye Paraplane 2-seat that is missing the chute. In my search I see that the company is out of business. I also saw mention of possibly converting this powered paraglider to a trike. Anyone have any info on these units and how to get a replacement chute or better yet converting it to a trike. I have looked at a few trikes over the years and think it would be fun to have one at my place for 'around the patch flying.

Chute

Quote Originally Posted by WWhunter View Post
    I'm looking at a Buckeye Paraplane 2-seat that is missing the chute. In my search I see that the company is out of business. I also saw mention of possibly converting this powered paraglider to a trike. Anyone have any info on these units and how to get a replacement chute or better yet converting it to a trike. I have looked at a few trikes over the years and think it would be fun to have one at my place for 'around the patch flying.
    I bought a used PPC and it had an older chute. I dumped it and bought a new chute. There is a lot of increased safety with a new chute and there are many places to buy a chute. Not sure about converting to trike.

Chute

I bought a used PPC and it had an older chute. I dumped it and bought a new chute. There is a lot of increased safety with a new chute and there are many places to buy a chute and the manufactures of chutes are different than the PPG manufacture.
    . Not sure about converting to trike.

I'm looking at a Buckeye Paraplane 2-seat that is missing the chute. In my search I see that the company is out of business. I also saw mention of possibly converting this powered paraglider to a trike.
    I think Buckeye did their own trike conversion so it's definitely been done. I would guess a third party wing or parachute should be available since Buckeye is Tango Uniform? I agree a trike would be fun.