Thread: What the fourum should b and could be

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What the fourum should b and could be

!, Just like when you are a visitor to Airventure and almost everyone is nice and gets along, that's how this forum should be. We should use it in a good mood and positive low key way and enjoy it. IT SHOULD NOT be a conflict or problem that Sam or some moderator has to be alert to and certainly not has to have a long set of rules that sounds like it was written by a lawyer with the worst case in mind. We just had a silly dispute when Randy, trying to be helpfull and a good guy posted the reference about Equifax and rather than use it or not some people started to criticize and it got to be a big thing. And it wasnt Sam who took offense.
    2. I dont want to add discord. , I may have a strong opinion, BUT I HAVE NEVER TOLD SOMEONE THEY SHOULD NOT WRITE ON ANY TOPIC ON THE FORUM. I WELCOME ALL AND THINK ALL HAVE A RIGHT TO BE HERE AND MAY HAVE SOMETHING TO OFFER, and Im not too fragile to hear another view.
    3, Good manners would mean that no one tries to silence another here, if you disagree with his opinion do it politiely. Example one could claim P51 was the best WW11 fighter, maybe but I could point out that the war was half over before it was a factor. Both valid points. We have 2 ears and only one nose so try listening twice as much as sticking your nose in other people's post.If a post upsets you so much , read something else. Even if you didnt like Randy's post or see it as helpful it was doing no harm, wouldnt likely have made such an issue without people attacking it. My short post on shooting at a hurricane wasnt flying but was intended to bring a laugh.
    4. Finally, Sam points out that as a private group EAA can restrict freedom of speech IF THEY WANT TO.
    But also EAA could follow and honor the vital principle in first amendment, be an open, democratic organization. EAA would never cross the line of discriminating for religious or ethnic or gender or national origin reasons. So give freedom of speech the same respect, be sort a micro version of what makes us a great country. Its great that Sam says he has flexibility of judgment, I hope others relax and quit being so scared of anyones interest or opinions . After all we honor people like Bud Anderson that fought for such freedoms.
    The forum is good, really an asset to EAA, but it can be better with a little help from EAA as well as us.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 09-15-2017 at 10:11 AM.