Thread: Doc

Doc

Well, Sunday afternoon I saw Doc fly out of KICT from (I suspect) 1L. Flew in direct view of my back porch and made quite the majestic rumble and glinted in the sun. First time I have seen a B-29 flying.

Next time I will try to be quick on the draw and get a picture.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Doc and Fifi had prominence at Oshkosh Airventure this year. If you enjoyed seeing one in the sky, seeing both of them in formation was almost unbelievable.

Lucky you! It's always cool to have interesting planes based nearby.

I live near Offutt AFB. During the 60s and 70s there was a never-ending parade of interesting aircraft flying around here. B-52, KC-135, F-4, T-38, EC-135, even a couple of Vulcans, all kinds of stuff went in and out of Offutt. One year we had a couple of F-117 stealth fighters doing flybys. Now we see virtually nothing other than some RC-135s, an occasional E-4 and a few other Boeings.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Lucky you! It's always cool to have interesting planes based nearby.

I live near Offutt AFB. During the 60s and 70s there was a never-ending parade of interesting aircraft flying around here. B-52, KC-135, F-4, T-38, EC-135, even a couple of Vulcans, all kinds of stuff went in and out of Offutt. One year we had a couple of F-117 stealth fighters doing flybys. Now we see virtually nothing other than some RC-135s, an occasional E-4 and a few other Boeings.

We have dozens of KC-135s here because of McConnell, and I see them nearly every day because I work at Spirit Aerosystems which is right across the street from that runway. There are T-38s here often. I would love to have seen an F-4, always loved those things. The F-117s would be neat to see too.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Doc and Fifi had prominence at Oshkosh Airventure this year. If you enjoyed seeing one in the sky, seeing both of them in formation was almost unbelievable.
    Not "almost", it was unbelievable Randy!
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org