Thread: Additional Methods for Tailless Aircraft Conceptual Design

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Additional Methods for Tailless Aircraft Conceptual Design

I sent a copy of this paper to be posted on the Nurflugel and TWITT sites, but thought I would share it on a few of the forums as well. I wrote the paper since I haven't seen some of the content addressed anywhere else, and some enthusiasts might be interested. I didn't think that it rose to the level for submission to the professional engineering organizations, but I thought it would still have value for the homebuilder and RC enthusiasts.

Before anyone gets too critical because I didn't include sections on the other numerous issues associated with tailless aircraft, the paper was only intended to provide additional methods for the conceptual designer in certain areas and not as a complete treatise. You still need to take into account all of those other considerations when using these methods. Also, the paper has not been through a rigorous peer review, so if anyone finds issues with the contents please feel free to pass me your comments.

In the future I'd like to do a revision to expand the data to include higher aspect ratios, provide an example or two, and explain using additive mean lines for airfoil design.

Enjoy,

Greg