Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture 2018

Is that before or after taxes and fees? I see plenty of Enterprise compacts at the Green Bay airport for about $250 but the taxes etc bump that up to $325 or there abouts.

Banned
    All in.

Sweet deal...... I drive up each year and stay about 50 miles from KOSH in a room that's $60 a nite all in. Also a good deal. There ARE ways to attend that are more 'economical' than others, but nobody ever claimed AirVenture was 'cheap' fun. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    At one of the major car rentals, been dealing with them for many years. You sound skeptical. I'd be happy to meet you on the Osh grounds and show you the invoice.
    Which one?
    I reserved a car early in September with Hertz at Green Bay for around $195 for the week of July 2015. But then in June 2015 Hertz sent my confirmation with a price increase to $750. I cancelled after getting no help or response from a manager. Nothing reasonable from others either at that late date.
    So I am interested in who you deal with?

Banned
    Sorry Bill, I'm not telling you because I don't want the same thing to happen to me. If you think I'm a schmuck for that then so be it. What happened to you with Hertz is the same disgusting thing that happened to Chicago Randy with a hotel reservation in Appleton last year.

I've never experienced anything like this with advanced confirmed in writing bookings being cancelled in favour of gouging practices to hike rates. Maybe these f**kers don't want to f**k with Canadians!

Are you suggesting to ask for a confirmed reservation in writing instead of Internet? Does that require prepayment?

Banned
    With respect to any kind of advanced reservations by phone or internet, my experience has always been to receive a written email confirmation setting out complete transaction details including, of course, the $ rate. As a consumer, you need to rely on any booking you've made and that email is your proof of it. I never authorized any prepayment and I'm positive none was ever asked for but they will always ask for your credit card number to hold the reservation-that's normal practice as you know.

The actual charge to my credit card does not happen until I return the car. I don't trust car rental companies because of all their nefarious add-ons and nonsense fees so I never just drop off the car in the lot. I proceed to the desk and ask the staffer to come out to the car and sign off that it has been returned with no damage. Then I finalize the charges to my satisfaction and only then do they process the card and I receive the final invoice. I've got nothing but time, I'm flying my own airplane.

I don't trust them either. I had the original email confirmation but didn't want to have to sue them to make them honor it.
    So many ways they can get you. On my last rental I made sure to ask the car return agent if he found it clean, properly fueled and without damage. He said:"yes, yes, yes" . He gave me a receipt and I left. Later I found that receipt was for a different vehicle so was useless. Then the next day they called and said I returned the vehicle a day late and billed my card another $78.
    I filed a complaint with VISA card. Took three months of back and forth before I won.

I hate rentals.

Same deal here - written e-mail confirmation was useless in getting them to honor the quoted room rate. No pre-payment and I didn't want the financial hassle of suing them. I HAVE of course placed Super 8 Appleton at the top of my fecal roster.

A questionfor anyone that has flown into AirVenture and stayed at the dorms. There may be 3 of us flying in next year andstaying in a dorm but there are only two beds in the dorm so we will have to take a cot.That’s not a problem but what about getting the cot and all our stuff to thedorm from airplane parking? Will we have to lug all our stuff to a tramlocation to get a ride to the dorm shuttle location? Just trying to get a headsup with some pre planning.
    Bob