Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Homebuilt Powered Paraglider Quad

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Miles View Post
    Thanks Dana - I'll check those out. Not quite sure how I'll post things, Is this not a good place to do that? I just bought a 36hp Subaru 4-stroke, so onward and upward...
    Posting here is fine, I just suggested those other sites because that's where most of the ppg pilots hang out, lots of expertise there.

Ok, the engine, prop, redrive, and bearing puller is in the mail. I'll post some pics when I get them. Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Miles View Post
    Ok, the engine, prop, redrive, and bearing puller is in the mail. I'll post some pics when I get them. Michael

What part of the country are you in Michael?

Grazhopper is a nice machine. http://www.airparamo.com/equipment/t...azhopper.shtml
    Last edited by jedi; 09-06-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    What part of the country are you in Michael?

Grazhopper is a nice machine

I'm in eastern NC. I'm building a Quad - are there plans or kits for a quad grazhopper? I'm building a quad because I think they are safer. I saw a trike crash and flip over on its side during landing, and I'd like to have the extra ground stability of a quad. I also want all the advantages of a 4-stroke engine

OK, I think what I'll do is use this thread to document the overall project, and I'll post links to specific questions I ask in other threads. Here's the first one on swapping for sealed ball bearings in the wheels:

http://eaaforums.org/showthread.php?...pping-question

Michael

Picture of engine and seat on lift cart with wheels. Note the front wheel has the new sealed ball bearings.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Redrive unit and 59 inch prop:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

OK, I emailed Ashton Brunner at http://flygreeneagle.com/ about plans for the Green Eagle PPG, and will let you know what the scoop is.

Michael

Michael;

You look well qualified in the design/build department. I see no problems and the tandem wing will do well. OK if used should do fine. After soome work with it you can have it inspected for airworthiness.

I strongly recommend getting some instruction when the time comes. Another pilot if not a PPG/CFI. You will drive yourself crazy otherwise and brake a lot of expensive equipment. I am on www.homebuiltairplanes.com post there also. Contact me at HBA when nearly ready to fly if you have no other instruction.

Hi folks:

Just wanted to bump the thread. I've been on hold due to financials (as is usual with this hobby), but I've been thinking (still free). I spoke with Ashton Brunner, and he gave me a lot to think about. In particular, it seems like I won't be able to bend the frame myself (requires specialized expensive equipment), but I may be able to buy a frame alone from him. He said I've got a good engine for the application. In addition, I'm waffling between the paraglider and powered parachute wing. I'll post the latest thoughts and info soon.

Michael
    Last edited by Michael Miles; 04-24-2018 at 05:35 PM.