Hi folks:

New the forum and starting on a project to build my own powered paraglider quad similar to this:

http://www.greeneagleppg.com/models/

I like working in aluminum and using the joinery techniques of the Green Eagle and the Quicksilver ultralight. I've done some preliminary calculations using Daniel Raymer's excel spreadsheet from his simplified aircraft design book for both 36 and 42 square meter paragliders. Not quite sure what to use for a powerplant/prop combo yet.

Anybody have experience/interest here?

I've got a dual degree in math and computers, and I'm not afraid to use either one to help with the process. I've got a copy of Raymer's design concept book and the student aircraft design software too. I am not currently a pilot, and locating training will be an issue also. There is a Blackhawk dealer fairly close who trains quads/trikes, but they're fairly expensive if I have my own equipment. At this point, I've purchased some used equipment to to some preliminary testing which I will probably sell later since I'm pretty sure it's not quite up to the task but will help me learn about the engineering/build issues.

Thanks, Michael