Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First flight- Breezy N1879B

Fantastic job, Jeff. Watching the YouTube video makes me want to build one.
    - Stan Cooper (K4DRD), Private Pilot ASEL, LSR-I, EAA 115792 Lifetime Member, EAA Chapter 124
    Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B, N601KE, KSTS

Thanks a million Jeff - makes perfect sense.

"For a first flight- the CG is placed smack in the middle of the envelope." I am helping a friend who purchased a BREEZY and has made an engine/prop modification. We have weighed the plane and I made a spreadsheet to calculate the CG, but I can find no information on what the Forward and Aft limits should be, so I don't know what the envelope is. Are the limits in the plans information? The new owner might have that.
    Thanks.

Bert Shivers
    Former Tandem Airbike owner
    ASMEL, CFII, A&P

Bert,

What you really need is the CG range of the wing that your Breezy uses. There have been a variety of wings used over the years so if you could find that out it would be a good start. Mine uses a Cub wing (from Wag Aero plans) and I used the CG range from those plans. Start in the middle of the range and work your way out. I ultimately did the entire test sequence from the EAA manual at both the fore and aft limits. I could have pushed it even farther but there was no need.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"