Thread: Need help jetting a kawasaki tb340a

Need help jetting a kawasaki tb340a

Need help jetting a vm32-33 mikuni card on a kawasaki tb340a.

Quote Originally Posted by tukan62 View Post
    Need help jetting a vm32-33 mikuni card on a kawasaki tb340a.
    Specifically? I jetted Mikuni carburetors for years in my motorcycle life.

Sorry I missed labeled the first post , its a Kawasaki TB340A just like I said, but it has a mikuni B34/32-2. I cant find anything about a B34/32-2 anywhere from Mikuni. No idea where to find sizes for needle jet, air jet etc, I know the VM32-33 is basically the same because my cuyuna 430 rr can use either. At least thats what the manual on Cuyuna says. I have a VM32-33 on that. its the B34/32-2 that I cant find anything about. The plugs look like they are starting to look right but it still loads up on idle after a few seconds. The exhaust is smoky but looks right ( not to much smoke but you can see it ) plugs look wet like richer than should be.

Quote Originally Posted by tukan62 View Post
    Sorry I missed labeled the first post , its a Kawasaki TB340A just like I said, but it has a mikuni B34/32-2. I cant find anything about a B34/32-2 anywhere from Mikuni. No idea where to find sizes for needle jet, air jet etc, I know the VM32-33 is basically the same because my cuyuna 430 rr can use either. At least thats what the manual on Cuyuna says. I have a VM32-33 on that. its the B34/32-2 that I cant find anything about. The plugs look like they are starting to look right but it still loads up on idle after a few seconds. The exhaust is smoky but looks right ( not to much smoke but you can see it ) plugs look wet like richer than should be.
    Search some of the vintage sled/snowmobile forums. There should be a lot of infor on that carburetor. I'd jet it based on piston wash as that seems to be better than the old fashioned plug read (and I'm an old fashioned plug reader)