Thread: Two Fighters We Dont Have To Fear

Two Fighters We Dont Have To Fear

I dont know if this is a real photo or something from the Onion. My guess is real. Anyway if you see it its good for a laugh if the situation behind it was not so serious.
    If you look on CNN this morning under Entertainment , there is a photo of two Asian men with helmets on and a dark uniform the looks like police or military. They are running down paved city street as if in a parade, no other info is given, no crowds are visible behind the fence.
    The each have a large model of a fighter plane held at waist high, the plane looks a bit like an F14, may be a Sukoi. The planes are about 6 feet long, and the runner is at mid fuselage and holding on or it even looks like the holder is inside the fuselage. The runners are dead serious., not smiling as if this was a joke.
    Its pretty funny to look at.
    Im not supposed to go into non aviation politics which misses so much these days, but anyway there are some very funny photos on the internet along these lines the last two days, look them up for a good laugh. Id post them , but they arent about planes.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 09-11-2017 at 11:19 PM.

Last edited by Anymouse; 08-19-2017 at 04:49 PM.
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

Standard Soviet practice was to simulate missions on the ground, with the pilot "flying" a model. They'd walk through whatever they planned to do in flight. This process was also used by their competition aerobatics pilot, and it has caught on in the US community as well.

Mind you, I've never heard of them actually RUNNING during this process., or wearing a big model. The video could be showing a hazing ritual.

Ron Wanttaja

It's some kind of parade demo group. I've seen video, but can't find it right now. I think there was a total of 15 or 16 guys in it.

Name:  air-force-costume-ideas.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  54.8 KB

The photo has been around for quite some time now.

Way to go, Champ. yes that's photo I saw. I took it to be something form North Korea. but dont know for sure and cant tell much from the background, lots of trucks, except I dont see any English in the writing?
    P S I really like a Champ , one of my favorite little airplanes, next to a Cub of course. Kind of interesting that I assumed the pilots or runners are Asian men when its actually pretty hard to tell.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 08-21-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Thanks Bill, I like Mk lX's too.