So I broke down and looked it up. Knives longer than 4 inches are prohibited and it doesn't distinguish between fixed and folding blades. That would then imply that knives up to but not including 4" are allowed, whether folding or fixed blade. 4" is pretty long for anything but a combat knife and some of those are only 4". I would say that is a pretty generous rule. The stories here indicate that there may be a training problem on the part of the screeners and their managers. If there is a problem on that point, that is also an indicator that there may be problems in other aspects of their training.

That said, there were some stalls selling some pretty mean looking knives at the Fly Market.

Coolers. I do not understand why they are a security issue. I might understand prohibiting large coolers for other reasons, maybe, but security? The policy says aircraft campers can have larger coolers that remain at the campsite but only after they are inspected and tagged by security. Any campers have their coolers inspected and tagged?

It also notes that bags are subject to random inspections, going back to the beginning of the thread. So some people may be checked and others not, consistent with the published policy.

Is is it possible to avoid turning this into a 2A/right to carry argument? I think that there are enough other serious issues that can improve or better understand EAA security policy than to get into something that will have no good outcome. (And just so you know where I stand, I think that every argument for and against this by every poster on this thread has flaws -- even the ones I generally agree with.)