Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Security at OSH

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dogtags View Post
    After I woke him up (to make sure he didn't have a health issue) he told me that this security job was a paid position. So I guess, in this case, EAA didn't get what they paid for.
    OK, paid position, which would probably be Wisconsin's minimum wage of $7.25 which is one of the lowest in the entire country. I still believe EAA got what they paid for. Doing the math based on a paid 35 hour week that's $13,195.00 a year which is far below the poverty line.

So his Sleepiness in Oshkosh is a resulting combination of uncomfortable hot, humid, sweaty weather, wet from rainfall, bored to death sitting in a tiny cubicle for 8 hours a day(so small he has to walk outside to change his mind) and crappy pay. I know he didn't have to accept this jobette but he shouldn't have to lose any dignity because he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    OK, paid position, which would probably be Wisconsin's minimum wage of $7.25 which is one of the lowest in the entire country. I still believe EAA got what they paid for. Doing the math based on a paid 35 hour week that's $13,195.00 a year which is far below the poverty line.

So his Sleepiness in Oshkosh is a resulting combination of uncomfortable hot, humid, sweaty weather, wet from rainfall, bored to death sitting in a tiny cubicle for 8 hours a day(so small he has to walk outside to change his mind) and crappy pay. I know he didn't have to accept this jobette but he shouldn't have to lose any dignity because he did.
    Floats with all due respect, I am fairly sure sleeping was not part of the job description. To me that is just robbing EAA of the capital investment. What dignity or ethics do you have if you think it is ok to sleep while performing a SECURITY position. I guess I am a fool for thinking that when you sign up for something you actually perform, shame on me.
    Rick

Without getting into details,there were far more agencies (not counting the TSA) involved in OSH security than some minimum wage security clerks. There may have even been plainclothes folks walking amongst you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wyoranch View Post
    Floats with all due respect, I am fairly sure sleeping was not part of the job description. To me that is just robbing EAA of the capital investment. What dignity or ethics do you have if you think it is ok to sleep while performing a SECURITY position.
    Rick
    I'm sure sleeping wasn't part of the job description either but give this poor schmuck a break. He looks like a senior who dozed off for a few moments because of environmental and biological reasons. Who hasn't dozed off at their office workplace on occasion? I know I did once or twice over a 42 year career and I was being paid more than this guy.

Let's not be so hasty to judge and send him to the Bastille and off with his head!

With respect to "robbing EAA of the capital investment", I have decided to send EAA a cheque for 72.5 cents representing the probable maximum 6 minutes he was asleep---a donation in your name.
    Last edited by Sam Oleson; 08-25-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Happy

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Yep, times have changed. The attached is from the "Preflight Study Manual for Civil Air Patrol Cadets," dated about 1944. Note that it provides instruction for injecting morphine.....

Ron Wanttaja
    Ron, you got something against having morphine in your airplane's emergency kit? I remember when codeine was sold over the counter and the shoe store would fluoroscope your feet. Every doctor's office seemed to have one too. Times do change, but neither a boy or a gentleman should ever be without a pocketknife. For other human beings it is highly recommended, but not required.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com