Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Security at OSH

Security at OSH

All,

I'm TOTALLY against the bag search or any search at the entry point of OSH. Serves NO purpose and don't by people that don't even know what they are looking for. We are being searched to death for absolutely NO reason. What the F are they looking for, and whatever it is, they won't stop us from bringing it in regardless.

How do we stop this nonsense and prevent it from getting worse? I'd say write to all the EAA officials and let them know we won't stand for it.

As much as I love OSH, this could be a deal killer for me in the future.

It's probably an insurance requirement honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At one checkpoint, I opened the main compartment on my backpack. They asked me specifically if I had any alcohol. I said no and there was no further interest in searching my backpack.

Entry screening in various forms is commonplace these days at so many different public events, I can't say I fret much over it at all.

Banned
    I'm wondering if you have the same attitude when attending any professional sporting event where bag checking is commonplace? NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    At one checkpoint, I opened the main compartment on my backpack. They asked me specifically if I had any alcohol. I said no and there was no further interest in searching my backpack.
    The strange thing is they sell alcohol in the camp stores. Go figure.

I agree it's a pain but as sad as it is, this is the times we live in now. We've created enough enemies around the world that security at major events like Oshkosh is a must now. I'm glad they do it and agree it could be more effective if done properly. The volunteers do the best they can and should be commended for all the hours and hard work they put in. We couldn't have Oshkosh without them. That said professional security might be a sound improvement for bag checks.

Only been to AV a couple of times, never been searched and wouldn't mind if I was. The times I have been searched at airports I gladly comply, I'll strip down if that's what they want. I used to work nuclear outages, back pack goes through the x-ray, pockets emptied then walk through a scanner. If the scanner beeps, you do it again and if it beeps again, prepare to remove belt, shoes and be frisked. But I never did get felt up dang it !!

What a great terrorist target OSH would be. I learned from a law enforcement source a few years ago that there had been a credible threat that year. As far as I am concerned they should search more and I am happy to oblige. Just my 2 cents.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    The strange thing is they sell alcohol in the camp stores. Go figure.
    They sell beer at the camp stores, but what is your point? Anybody can go to any establishment outside the grounds and buy beer as well, and bring it unhindered into Camp Scholler. But you can't bring any onto the convention grounds itself.