Hi all,

I would like to model my control panel design in solidworks with a view to having the panel blank cut by waterjet based on my file. For those familiar with RVs, I have one of the deeper/wider RV-6 panel blanks with just the bottom flange pre-bent at 90 degrees to the panel face, so I need to cut the outer profile of the panel top and sides as well as the internal holes for instruments etc. Therefore, it is important that I have an accurate representation of the outside shape of the panel, which I should be able to get from the dxf file available from the Vansaircraft website

I have now downloaded and opened this dxf file. As a complete Solidworks newbie who has just worked through some Youtube tutorials, I am advised that I have to "Convert Entities" from the dxf drawing into the Solidworks sketch I am currently editing. However, for some reason that I totally fail to understand, the application does not allow me to select the entities that I wish to convert. The "Entities to Convert" list box is open and highlighted but clicking on the various lines and arcs does not allow me select them.

Can anybody spot the beginner mistake here?

Loman