When I post something like this, or my (annual) food/scurvy complaint, it is to be taken that I consider this event the best of it's kind, by far, than any other. I arrive with enthusiasm and I leave charged with a "life force" that, unfortunately, only lasts about 4 months at which time I am busy planning on the next Airventure.

This post, however, is about my arrival on Saturday afternoon, the 22nd. There is no sense at all for me to complain about the blue and white Cessna I was following to 27 who completely disregarded the towers requests for him to land on the numbers. He was high and slow and finally went around. Oh, well.....overwhelmed, I guess.

No, my issue is with the flag men directing traffic. If you are doing this, and you cannot see the pilots face in the windshield, then he/she is not seeing you wave your flags or your arms. During my L O N G taxi south to VAC, three times I had to stop, and rotate my plane, a large taildragger, in order to see the flag person. Then a grumpy scooter rider would ride up to give me the stink eye. This issue is basic ground marshaling 101. The pilot sits on the left and your waving arms and flags need to be lined up with the pilots line of sight, not far to the right side of the aircraft. The Vintage folks know this, but up north.....chaos.

This issue was the talk of the town and hope some retraining occurred after Saturday.

Thanks to ALL volunteers, goes without saying.