Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best SWAG at the Convention

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Best SWAG at the Convention

Now that all the major concerns and suggestions have been resolved on other threads, I thought I'd start one more trivial.

What was the best SWAG (Stuff We All Get) you got at the convention?

I liked the LED flashlight from our good friends at Ford. I thought it just had a focusing ring on it, but when I got home I unscrewed it further to find that the ring pulls up to expose a frosted cylinder which makes it into a lantern.

The Young Eagles 25th anniversary glass from the volunteer dinner was also very nice.

I passed on most of the swag. We got some hats (which I usually pass because I don't wear golf hats that much and they rarely fit me well anyhow). There were hats and posters at the wind down party but I passed on those as well.

Since this is the first time in years I didn't fly in, I didn't get the mug and plague from vintage.

I've got enough hats and t-shirts too. No one gives away pants. Cheap person that I am, I'm getting tired walking around dressed like Donald Duck.

For years we got a coffee cup for volunteering. I've got a whole cabinet full. One of the volunteers suggested that they should rotate through plates and other parts of the placesetting. After a few years, you'd have collected a full set.

I don't go much for swag. I've gotta get my Champion sticker though. Got four of em. Just in case.
    Last edited by mazdaP5; 08-05-2017 at 03:08 PM.

I got a couple of those fidget spinners from the folk at Levil Aviation after checking out their new, low-cost, simple-to-install, experimental only, ADS-B Out device named the Beacon.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaP5 View Post
    I don't go much for swag. I've gotta get my Champion sticker though. Got four of em. Just in case.
    My "welcome kit" was missing the sticker, but was able to find some at my volunteer position. Have collected them for 30 years.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

NORAD had pens with a touchscreen stylus on the pen tip. When you retracted the pen tip, it acted as a stylus for your iPad. I thought it ingenious.

A young couple wearing Jeppesen blue came by my tent in the North 40--I got a Jepp coozy, a scratch & sniff card that I turned in for a free 6 month subscription to Jepp charts on ForeFlight (arranged by an extraordinarily pretty young woman that was probably 45 or 50 years younger than me), and a really cute little fan that plugs into the power port of my iPhone or iPad--and actually works quite well without running down the battery.

Of course, I brought home a lot of trash that has already hit the round file--some years I've read it before leaving and dump it there, but this year I didn't get around to doing that, so I leafed through it at home and then dumped it.

All in all, though, the best SWAG is always the memories. I love coming to OSH each year, and I hope to be able to do it for quite some time to come.

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

We scored ball caps, a solar panel equipped USB battery pack, and a microfiber polishing mitt at the Jeppesson pavilion. We both got nice Veterans ball caps with an EAA logo at the Veterans breakfast. Got a ton of coozies, lanyards, pens, and a couple of t-shirts from here and there.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!