Thread: Need help identifying object

Need help identifying object

I'm not sure if this object is from a plane or not, but hope that someone might help me identify what it is. This was found in the woods about 3" below the surface. It is 1 1/4" by 1 1/4", probably Nickel Steel, hole in the middle is approximately 1/4" or 7 mm, some bluing in the metal, it is cut from a metal lathe and made from one piece of metal (no welds). Your help is most appreciated.
    Name:  Top1.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  86.7 KBName:  bottom (2).jpg
Views: 622
Size:  48.2 KBName:  side.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  45.7 KBName:  Top.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  81.0 KB

XR-2300?

It looks like a washer/plate from a generic anti-vibration mount. Statistically, I'd say the odds are pretty low it's from an airplane.

Holds the blades on a mower deck would be my guess. It came loose and blued or got hot before it came off. It could have held the cutting head on a line trimmer. But I really believe its used on some sort of lawn equipment.

The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

I thank you for providing some suggestions. With that info in mind, I went to someone who has been working on a diversity of equipment (including lawn) for years. He said rather than lawn, he thought it might be the washer for a stud for a snowmobile track and that the metal was probably Stainless Steel. I'm going to look in that direction a little further, but still welcome any comments or suggestions you have. Thanks

I work for the History channel and I'm 93.2% sure that thing fell off Amelia Earhart's plane! Let us know where to send the film crew ASAP!

Looks like the scrapped end of a bar that was rotating on the tail stock center.