Thread: malware warnings again

Exclamation malware warnings again

This is the first day out of the last 3 that my router did not warn me of malware on the EAA forum site. Of all the forums in which I participate, it's the only one where I see that. It's also a frequent event; this is far from the first time.

I suggest the warnings are valid and that those responsible for the forum IT take a look at why this keeps happening.

Thanks.

Banned
    Do you have some kiddie "safe surf" feature turned on in the router configuration pages? If so, turn it off, those are universally crap. Usually they aren't well supported, if even for a year or two, and the remote support for the feature is abandoned by the manufacturer (when they go out of business or move on to sell newer models) and become 5-10-15 years out of date.

This site is nothing more than a stock vanilla vbulletin installation with some settings configured, categories created, and logo made. You can't get much more generic vanilla for a web site than this.
    Last edited by choppergirl; 08-06-2017 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by choppergirl View Post
    Do you have some kiddie "safe surf" feature turned on in the router configuration pages? If so, turn it off, those are universally crap. Usually they aren't well supported, if even for a year or two, and the remote support for the feature is abandoned by the manufacturer (when they go out of business or move on to sell newer models) and become 5-10-15 years out of date.

This site is nothing more than a stock vanilla vbulletin installation with some settings configured, categories created, and logo made. You can't get much more generic vanilla for a web site than this.
    I'm able to use the site again, today. I did nothing different. The suggestion that I'm unable to understand router configuration is not helpful nor justified.

It's more likely that the listing service that my ASUS router uses is listing this site as dangerous and then de-listing it. I think they use TrendMicro. The question then is "why?". As I said before, it does not happen on any other forum in which I participate. My router is not over-sensitive. I go to some sites that would trigger any such response. Why is EAA's forum getting listed as dangerous?

FYI, ASUS does update the firmware on the router and I recently did that. However, the update did not resolve the problem. This condition came days later.

I did chat with a tech person at EAA but did not make any progress on this.