Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So then, can we all agree that........

So then, can we all agree that........

Wi-Fi was great and Wi-Fi was lousy
    Generators were horrible and generators were OK
    The food was lousy, the food was fair, the food was good
    The Air Show announcers deserve to be horse-dragged and they were tolerable
    Tram service was poor, trams made the day
    It was too.....wet-dry-hot-cool for my tastes
    The Porta-Potties were a godsend and they stank after a thousand people used one and therefore were terrible
    Too many vehicles, none when I wanted one
    Last minute changes had to be made so therefore all the maps and Apps were useless, or they did a great job considering for the most part
    I hate Warbirds, Biplanes with a jet engine, same-old air shows and photographers or that's why I came in the first place

In other words.... AirVenture came, went and remains the GREATEST show on earth, motels are already booked solid for 50 miles around KOSH, and you know darn well that I and some 75,000+ of those who share my passion (and I've never even been up in a small airplane) did make some life memories EVERY DAY that will carry us over till next year when we all WILL do it again.

THANK YOU EAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 08-03-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    The Porta-Potties were a godsend and they stank after a thousand people used one and therefore were terrible
    Last minute changes had to be made so therefore all the maps and Apps were useless, or they did a great job considering for the most part
    I hate Warbirds, Biplanes with a jet engine, same-old air shows and photographers or that's why I came in the first place

In other words.... AirVenture came, went and remains the GREATEST show on earth, motels are already booked solid for 50 miles around KOSH, and you know darn well that I and some 75,000+ of those who share my passion (and I've never even been up in a small airplane) did make some life memories EVERY DAY that will carry us over till next year when we all WILL do it again.

Well Put, CR!

We all have things we like and don't like, yet we keep coming back. I think that speaks for itself.

Thank you all Volunteers!!!!

Word !

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post

EXACTLY!!!
    Except the trams. I'm still in pretty good shape, and I know I ride the trams more than I should. But, I love the trams and probably would stop coming if it weren't for them. I loved that they made needed changes when needed. Thanks!
    The food was just fine. If I wanted a gourmet meal, I would not expect to find it at a concert, Oshkosh (sorry, AirVenture) or the county fair.
    Announcers are a bit too exuberant, but, were okay.
    Porta-Potties = thumbs up!
    Golf Carts. Puhleeeze, Put some type of speed/throttle governor on carts driven by anyone under the age of thirty. These kids don't care or even know, where they're going, how they get there or who they run over in the process!
    EAA App. I suppose less than one percent of attendees actually build an itinerary as I do from the online EAA website. But, it would be nice if that itinerary could be transferred to the App. I am one of the "less than one percent", but, since I do build an itinerary, I fully expect that feature added immediately.
    I never want to see or hear a biplane with a jet engine. Ever!
    Webcams: If you have one fail as did the central webcam this year, make sure it is the warbirds. Thank you.
    HBC knows they have succeeded when the only complaint is, "we should have more charging stations". HUGE thumbs up to those folks.
    Sorry to the guy who had the prop strike. That sucks! Be careful, Oshkosh (sorry, AirVenture) is not perfect - but it's dog gone close!
    Great job on this years weather. Why can't you do that every year?
    Forums audio tapes. I want them. I want them now. I want to know how to get them. I have money, and a gun.
    Three hundred fifty six days and a wake up.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Randy, I'll let you know the next time we have an opening in marketing.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Hal, sounds like a plan -lol

I guess the older one gets (I somehow made it to 68 so far) the more one accepts that #1. Most folks are capable of simply good deeds and of course #2. No good deed goes unpunished. I work long hours on the trams by choice, the flip side of that coin is I don't have to walk all week - lol

I would be honestly terrified I'd joined a cult if an event as huge as AirVenture happened and all who attended had no complaints or offered no suggestions for improvement. Everyone has THEIR unique AirVenture experience, 75,000+ times each day, and they all have a valid perspective. You had yours, I had mine and on down the line.

For me it's time to start searching out good, corny, safe, non-offending jokes for next year and maybe save up the $$$ to take a Discover Aviation flight someplace local so that by next year I can at least say I've been up in a small airplane once.

I would note that out of everything you listed there was one that had no positive: Announcers go from tolerable to Terrible.

Randy,
    of all the threads revolving around Airventure, yours has to be the most eloquently put. We all have our opinions and you can not please all the people all of the time. The bottom line is we LOVE Airventure ( I still find myself typing Oshkosh). I 100% agree with your post with the exception of the announcers. They need to go or at the minimum be retrained.
    Rick

I should add the caveat that I am always conducting during the airshows so honestly my attention is elsewhere and not on the folks talking over the loudspeakers.

You were busy talking over a loudspeaker.