Thread: Recommendations on spray equipment for Polyfiber

Recommendations on spray equipment for Polyfiber

Getting ready to cover an airplane, I have a Craftsmen 4hp 18 gallon tank. 8.4scfm @40psi, and a LVHP gun (made in Taiwan) I can't find any other markings on the gun.
    I'll be using the Poly fiber system.
    What is a good gun to use, Is LVHP best or the older siphon type guns?
    Is my compressor big enough? if not, what size do I need...........without going crazy size wise or money wise.
    Is a turbine sprayer better or just use an air compressor?

Any input, pros or cons I'd appreciate hearing them. Recommendations are greatly appreciated also.
    Thanks
    Brian

What aircraft will you be covering? That may make a difference regarding the size/HP of your compressor.

Most folks would recommend an HVLP gun with the appropriate tip(s) for the products you plan to spray.

Th equipment you have will work just fine. I would use any kind of HVLP gun over a siphon gun any day. You can even go buy a good HVLP gun and pay for it with money saved from coating material overspray. The biggest negative will be having to refill the spray gun cup what will seem like 4,287 times but to get into the gallon size sprayers takes a crazy investment.

Read the warnings in the PolyFiber manuals about spraying and temperature issues with turbine compressors. I have an IngersolRand HVLP gun (on my shop compressor) that works well.

I probably should have mentioned that...........I'm building a Kitfox SS7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    What aircraft will you be covering? That may make a difference regarding the size/HP of your compressor.

Most folks would recommend an HVLP gun with the appropriate tip(s) for the products you plan to spray.