Thread: Pronunciation of Scholler

Pronunciation of Scholler

Had a great time at Oshkosh this year, one of the best.My wife and I were discussing how the gentleman that introduced the Blue Angels, Dick Rutan and Bud Anderson at theatre in the woods at various forums pronounced Scholler. He was the guy handing out all the M&Ms and told a story one day of working with Mr. Scholler. He pronounced it with a soft a, like Shawler and not like I've heard it from everyone else with a hard o sound, like Sholer.Curious to know what the correct pronunciation is since he is surely right knowing the guy.

Make it rhyme with "holler" and you got it......like when you are calling the kids for dinner or in the eastern US a "holler" is a valley between hills.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    Make it rhyme with "holler" and you got it......like when you are calling the kids for dinner or in the eastern US a "holler" is a valley between hills.
    Or in the South it's, holla ! lol
    Bob

Thanks, yeah rhyming with holler is what he said... learn something everyday.

Cool, I'll make that mental correction. I've never heard anybody call it other than with a hard O over the years.

It brings to mind the fact that Paul Poberezny always pronounced aviation with a short As (where as I tend the opposite).