Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Airventure Wifi was good in 2017

WIFI was very spotty for me. I stayed connected the whole time but couldn't really do anything because of the limited bandwidth I suppose. Not going to complain though as WIFI is a nice to have, not a necessity.

I had good luck with it in WB and WB camping. same for some of the dining venues and spot along the flight line. Not perfect but it was WAYYYYY better than in past years. A strong congratulations to the team that made it happen.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Was not able to get a reliable WiFi connection Monday through Friday anywhere on the AirVenture 2017 grounds. Used my cell data and it worked well. WiFi worked very well in the dorms.
    Gary A. Sobek
    EAA Lifetime Member
    A&P, Homebuilder, Pilot

When once you have tasted flight,
    you will forever walk the earth
    with your eyes turned skyward,
    for there you have been,
    and there you will always long to return.
    - Leonardo da Vinci

Ahhh, no.

I was inn Scholler, one long block south of a wifi shack. Each couple days I'd take my computer to the shack to do what needed to be done as the wifi was useless at the campsite.

I think wifi only works about a hundred feet from the source.

I was way out at 27th and Cottenwood; no WiFi at all. Not surprised. I think if you are by one of the source buildings your good otherwise not so much. In reality, it didn't matter. I was way to busy with plenty of other things to do away from my computer.
    Marty

Totally forgot about the wifi,no data/connections issues at all during the week using Tmobile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grum.man View Post
    WIFI is a nice to have, not a necessity.
    +1

One more data point: I had little difficulty getting a signal in HBC near gate 34 at 5am.

Wifi is needed to access the social media (whatever that is) EAA suggested I use to find stuff to see at Oshkosh. I wish they had a simple bulletin board to check each morning instead. The Airventure Today paper was good but didn't have everything.

Left computer home, carried phone in case needed and enjoyed Airventure. Why bring computer anyway ?