Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't be this guy.......

Don't be this guy.......

So let me start this by saying that I understand that most of us on this forum don't really attend Airventure for the airshows at all. That is about 2% of the reason that I go. But isn't there some sort of common sense among the airshow-watching-public?

I take my family to the airshows so the kids can have a place to sit down and relax, ask their 100,000 questions, and see airplanes do cool stuff. I don't think I should have to stand the entire airshow because all the "wannabe-photographers" feel they need to stand the entire time and push their way around to get the best picture.

And then there is this guy......REALLY? (this was Saturday) I don't expect everyone to have common sense, but other than the guy smoking UNDER THE WING OF A DC-3 (who I politely asked to stop smoking which he did) this has to be the most selfish person of the week.

Just a rant.....I know it is impossible to control the camera ninjas, but a ladder, really? Come on dude, at least put in the effort to get to the front of the crowd so you don't have to carry a freeking LADDER around with you.

Name:  IMG_4837.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  90.3 KB
    Last edited by streffpilot; 07-31-2017 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Photo orientation

I guess I'm one of the photo ninjas that you speak of. I specifically go to Airventure for both photos and comeraderie of other aviation photogs that are my friends. While I can't condone what this knucklehead is doing (I saw others doing the same thing and can't believe it), we do try to inform others when they start to set up behind us that during the show we'll more than likely be standing the majority of the time. We also make sure to get there early and stake a spot out; we aren't the type to burrow around others(at least my friends aren't). It's a big crowd line and we tend to sit in vintage where the crowds are generally light. I'm sorry for this knucklehead, but I hope you still had a good week!

In 2011 at the REO Speed Bucket concert we had our camp stools we purchased at A/V and before the concert started all these people walked around us and just stood there, we couldn't see a thing. To keep from causing a scene we just said screw it and left. Had I been anywhere else, I probably would have set someone's shorts on fire !
    Bob

I'm was one of those photo ninjas too, but only because I bought a new camera about a month ago and wanted to test it out. I don't normally care for the airshows either, but usually attend the one on Sunday. And, I was sitting down when taking pictures. For a period of time, I did have people standing on both sides of me (really close to me), and it was definitely frustrating taking pictures.

I actually do come 95%to see the Warbirds fly! I don't have a problem with Photographers standing to get pictures. I do have a problem with idiots who have seats ON THE FRONT ROW that feel they are so important they need to stand up and block everyone behind them, until EVERYONE has to stand to see ANYTHING! Between that and how ridiculously crowded it was on Friday and Saturday I was almost ready to leave! And don't get me started on the Parade goers mentality of setting up and leaving their chairs hours before the show like then own their own little piece of property on the field. It seems respect and courtesy have left the stage at Oshkosh.

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoIA View Post
    I guess I'm one of the photo ninjas that you speak of. I specifically go to Airventure for both photos and comeraderie of other aviation photogs that are my friends. While I can't condone what this knucklehead is doing (I saw others doing the same thing and can't believe it), we do try to inform others when they start to set up behind us that during the show we'll more than likely be standing the majority of the time. We also make sure to get there early and stake a spot out; we aren't the type to burrow around others(at least my friends aren't). It's a big crowd line and we tend to sit in vintage where the crowds are generally light. I'm sorry for this knucklehead, but I hope you still had a good week!

And I have no problem with your type of photography....I guess I didn't express it very well, but it is the FEW rude guys with a camera who make some of the others have a bad reputation. I like awesome airplane pictures, and occasionally I take some too, but this guy just put me over the top. I couldn't believe it.

For those of you who are kind and respectful, Thank you! Thats all we can ask of each other: Treat others the way you would like to be treated.

Quote Originally Posted by John Leidel View Post
    I do have a problem with idiots who have seats ON THE FRONT ROW that feel they are so important they need to stand up and block everyone behind them, until EVERYONE has to stand to see ANYTHING! It seems respect and courtesy have left the stage at Oshkosh.

THIS is what I am getting at. Respect and courtesy go a long way, but I guess pushing and shoving go farther??

What the heck are you all watching that you need to stand or worry about someone else standing to see? The airshow was in the air well above crowd height. I spent most of the time laying comfortably on my back looking up at the show rather than sitting in a chair looking at other peoples backs.

Not all of the shots are high up in a clear blue sky above the crowd, in fact sometimes they can be kind of dull after a while. Some of the best shots are take offs, landings and when they're lower with some background to give some perspective in the shot.
    I'm not condoning this guy, just saying sometimes you like to get above the crowd.
    Last edited by champ driver; 08-01-2017 at 07:24 AM.

And people need to realize that dome of us must sit in mobility chairs and either can't stand or can't stand very long. Don't understand those that come and sit right in front, then stand up for long periods of time. Fortunately Monday through Thursday was fine....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk