Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't be this guy.......

That's what you get with volunteer police....who don't care about the un-written rules.

Another possibility is to move south away from the bulk of the crowd. North is blocked by some of the commercial tents, and the Warbird section is closed during the show.
    To the south it thins out a lot. You don't need to have your neck bent straight up, and you can see a different perspective on the show. There also aren't a lot of the big planes parked blocking your view.
    If you go down far enough, you can also hear engine sounds instead of the constant announcements.

I have been going to OSH since OSH started (and that goes back) RULES FOR SEAING, first come...first up front...everybody sits....you must occupy chairs once they are in place (potty breaks allowed)..

I go to take pictures and generally the shots on take off are the most dramatic so will try and get to the front and take images sitting down. Aircraft are also closer on take off / landing and do manoeuvre at low level. However when aircraft taxi past on the centre taxiway they are not all visible and there can be heat haze from the nearest taxiway so the only way to avoid this is to stand and take a picture. As this was the saturday the crowds were very large and impossible to get near the front especially with the revised burn line and aircraft in the way blocking runway views.

Name:  IMG_3631.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  89.9 KB

taken with an iPhone 5S on Friday. (My wife asks, "Do you want to bring the Canon?" I say no that it would just be excess weight around my neck or in backpack. WHAT WAS I THINKING?) Anyway, note relative lack of crowd at Brown Arch. My wife asked if we would get a better shot moving south. I pointed out someone saying "Do you see that guy in the blue shirt with a large camera? That's Hal Bryan. If he is taking pictures from here then this is the place to take pictures from."

Sometimes I get it right
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemxpc View Post
    Name:  IMG_3631.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  89.9 KB

taken with an iPhone 5S on Friday. (My wife asks, "Do you want to bring the Canon?" I say no that it would just be excess weight around my neck or in backpack. WHAT WAS I THINKING?) Anyway, note relative lack of crowd at Brown Arch. My wife asked if we would get a better shot moving south. I pointed out someone saying "Do you see that guy in the blue shirt with a large camera? That's Hal Bryan. If he is taking pictures from here then this is the place to take pictures from."

Sometimes I get it right
    That's hilarious! My reputation exceeds me, definitely.

Beautiful shot, by the way!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Hal, I tried to find you to introduce and say hello, Once Chris Henry said you had just been there and were around, saw him a couple of times. I didnt know about the blue shirt, may have been looking for the Cub one. I used to do a lot of photography, and still enjoy seening what others do. Doing aerial photos has been really fun, sometimes eventfull.