Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AirVenture Foot Mileage

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Let's not get so defensive and appalled, some carts are necessary for deliveries of things, I understand and accept that. That's why I said "most" should be shut down as unnecessary. Most of the carts I saw running around had nothing in them, they were just joyriding.
    How about shut down the use for a ride to the air show. For the Wednesday night show I think it was, where we were sitting there were two pickup trucks that had been driven out onto the field. (This was near the big twin Howard's) ... one of them had EAA logo on the door and I didn't see him handing out flyers.
    So clearly personal use transportation abusing the "needed auto pass".

Which if being driven out there then, when else is that "privilege" being abused for personal benefit versus the "necessary" things.

It's like reality "frogger" game , not only when you are near the hard surface roads but now even on the grass around the planes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw two idiots driving gators and texting while they were driving, in crowded areas. It was ridiculous.

I realize some of the carts are necessary but how about the Model A or T's giving rides?? Maybe I'm missing something.
    If God had intended man to fly He would have given us more money!

Quote Originally Posted by L16 Pilot View Post
    I realize some of the carts are necessary but how about the Model A or T's giving rides?? Maybe I'm missing something.
    Ford is a big sponsor of the show. More brand exposure, just like Factory Five Cobra replicas.
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

Back on topic. 74 miles and lost about three pounds despite the brats and pizza. I took a break from my diet regime and exercise routine. I figure an eight day vacation from that is a good thing. Camping, fresh air and sunshine helps, too.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com