Thread: AirVenture Foot Mileage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

AirVenture Foot Mileage

This year I put 83.24 miles on my Nikes, according to my handy wrist thingy. How far did you all walk this week?
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

We averaged 8 miles a day for 5 days.

I don't want to know, but I broke my shoes, broke a flip flop, gained a blister, and lost 10 lbs!

We camped at 26th and Elm, and walked EVERYWHERE. Kidventure once. Warbirds twice. Ultralights too many times to count. Showers twice daily. ETC........

I know for next year, I need to get better shoes. They were comfortable, but just didn't hold up dodging all the two stroke scooters and kids on bikes.

Walked everywhere also, no trams, no shuttles. Warbirds twice a day, afternoons in VAC. walked to the museum once. Camped at 28th and Cedar. Brought a few pair of comfortable shoes, and put moleskin on my feet every morning to avoid blisters. I wore the tread off of a pair of Adidas. Though I work in a store, it's not unusual for me to walk 8 miles a day at work.

Quote Originally Posted by streffpilot View Post
    I don't want to know, but I broke my shoes, broke a flip flop, gained a blister, and lost 10 lbs!
    You lost weight? Heck, I gain 5 lbs every year. My diet goes from controlled portions of fairly low calorie foods and very little alcohol to brats, beer, breakfast sub's, etc. Walking 8 miles a day doesn't even dent all of the extra calories.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    You lost weight? Heck, I gain 5 lbs every year. My diet goes from controlled portions of fairly low calorie foods and very little alcohol to brats, beer, breakfast sub's, etc. Walking 8 miles a day doesn't even dent all of the extra calories.

Yep, we don't drink, and ate fairly well, but being an office slug, getting out and moving I think had the most to do with it.

Banned
    I estimated 60 miles over 5 days on my New Balance with Dr Scholls inserts. No trams, no shuttles, no scooters, no golf carts.

And speaking of golf carts, they are becoming epidemic, everyone with some sort of badge or special I.D. seems to have one. There are simply too many driving around the grounds causing havoc and annoyance. EAA, GET RID OF MOST OF THEM AND RETURN THE GROUNDS TO US PEDESTRIANS!!