Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Okay, I'll start it.....FOOD!

Banned
    Year after year we debate ad nauseum the food on the grounds, it's a very subjective subject and one that stirs up a lot of opinion, distaste(pun intended) and angst.

So FWIW, if your only choice is to eat at a concession on the grounds, then IMO, the place for the past few years that has somewhat healthy choices(read non-burgers, brats and fries) is the one on Celebration Way-I forget the name. They have a fantastic large salad called Ginger Sesame with Chicken and a terrific Turkey Wrap sandwich. This same concession is duplicated at the seaplane base where I had fish and chips which was also quite good. Had a nice cold beer here as well served after 5pm. Try it next year, you won't be disappointed.

I thought the food was pretty good this year and pretty fair price considering the venue. My only complaint is how early most of the vendors close. For those of us camping it really limits our options. The EAA member meal at the A&W was tasty and probably the best deal on the field. The place over by Charlie's sandbox had different choices day to day that were really good. If all else fails you have the ones over in Boeing square that each have something different. Papa John's pizza in the Exhibit halls is a bit pricey but a welcome change.

I don't think the Brat-Eat-O (delicious as it was) is on your Keto diet either. The thing is an overly large portion of fat, cholesterol, and carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    The thing is an overly large portion of fat, cholesterol, and carbs.
    That's what makes it so good!!!!
    Cheers!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by WacoJoe View Post
    That's what makes it so good!!!!
    Yep, I figure one week a year of brats and curds and breaded things won't kill me.

Oh my gosh, Brat-Eat-O! How did I miss that?!?

I gues I just have to go back again next year.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Available at the Major Goolsby locations (Vintage Cafe, North 40, and one other place near the tower).

Large brat, scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, cheese over a tortilla (but too large to actually fit in like a burito unless you eat some of the stuff first).

Oh dang! Now I want one.....