Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the Porta-Potties - an Observation

Been in camp Scholler the last two years and have been very impressed by the porta John's. I believe they get cleaned and serviced every night (as I imagine the on-site ones do). The EAA should be used as a model for other large events.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

All kidding aside, Serious kudos to the vendor. Zero stench, clean environment, ALWAYS plenty of TP, the hand sanitizer dispensers filled too. Realize that over 75,000 people are on the grounds most days and everyone will have the need to use the facilities. It's a dirty, thankless job for sure and I'm really glad someone does it.

The Portable Plastic John's are the cleanest and best maintained for any public event - anywhere. Kudo's to the EAA decision-makers.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

They used to be back in the WMI days. The new PitStop ones start out being nicer but they fall short . First off, they've cut back on the numbers. Especially, on Friday and Saturday when the Blue Angels drew in the lawn chair crowd, they were woefully too few and too infrequently serviced. If you've not seen a portapotty overflow, let me tell you it's not a pretty sight. We had a couple in Vintage near the Vintage Cafe on the flight line.

I'm with FlyingRon on this one. Granted the standard set by the WM service is incredible. It has slipped a bit with the PitStop. More servicing was needed especially Friday and Saturday. Never in the past have I had to open several doors before finding an acceptable one.

Yeah, but the WM ones always stank, even if newly cleaned. Just the fragrance of the stuff they used.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton