Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the Porta-Potties - an Observation

the Porta-Potties - an Observation

After my nine 12hr days using the AirVenture porta-johns I have only one question.

How in the world did Clark Kent change into Superman in a phone booth? They were even smaller and you have to step outside a Porta-Potty just to change your mind.

If you think the porta-johns are small (plastic ones) step into the trailer bathrooms. I made the mistake of taking my 4 year old to use a toilet in one... Picture this... me, the four year old, and a large backpack... yeah... No way the stall door was going to close...

That said, I do appreciate the large number of bathrooms on the grounds. As a parent of a 4 year old who waits until the last minute to tell you he has to go... it is nice to have "alot of options"
    “It's the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to do so badly. You almost feel like you could fly without a plane.”

-Charles Lindbergh

I will also say this... it would seem porta-potty technology has made great leaps in the past 20 years or so. Not to be too graphic about it, but they used to be easy to find but hard to avoid, just from the foul smell that drifted for a hundred yards or so. Now you can actually use one without a gas mask. My compliments to the vendor supplying them as well as to whoever selected that vendor. Every one I used was clean, recently serviced and had hand sanitizer available.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    I will also say this... it would seem porta-potty technology has made great leaps in the past 20 years or so. Not to be too graphic about it, but they used to be easy to find but hard to avoid, just from the foul smell that drifted for a hundred yards or so. Now you can actually use one without a gas mask. My compliments to the vendor supplying them as well as to whoever selected that vendor. Every one I used was clean, recently serviced and had hand sanitizer available.

I will second this. I was blown away with how clean they were after a week of "hard use".
    “It's the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to do so badly. You almost feel like you could fly without a plane.”

-Charles Lindbergh

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    After my nine 12hr days using the AirVenture porta-johns I have only one question.

How in the world did Clark Kent change into Superman in a phone booth? They were even smaller and you have to step outside a Porta-Potty just to change your mind.
    Stan Lee mentality of writers, black & white t.v., and little boys... Before they discovered girls or areoplanes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wallda View Post
    If you think the porta-johns are small (plastic ones) step into the trailer bathrooms. I made the mistake of taking my 4 year old to use a toilet in one... Picture this... me, the four year old, and a large backpack... yeah... No way the stall door was going to close... "
    Porta-John and Trailer John size are regulated by the FAA using the same formula that is used for airline seats.

I just want to throw out there that I with a family of 3 girls appreciate the fact that the Grey Throne Rooms were well taken care of. I have a 2 1/2 year old who was potty training. Made it the whole time we were there with no accidents ----- Thanks to the useable Portables.

Please relay your praise to the EAA. I'm sure they will appreciate it. That also goes for complaints ! If they don't know, they can't fix it ! And as a side note, be thankful for clean jons. I have been in construction for almost 50 years and have seen several porta-jons burn down to the water line. Everyone said it was "spontaneous combustion"!!! But I'm not too sure about that !!!
    Bob

When my son was a toddler, we would use the oversized (handicap access) porta-potties. Much easier.

That said, the EAA does a great job selecting porta-potty vendors. They have the cleanest porta potties I've ever used. Even better, if you know where to look, you're never *that* far from an air conditioned bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    Please relay your praise to the EAA. I'm sure they will appreciate it. That also goes for complaints ! If they don't know, they can't fix it !
    Bob

THIS is their forum.......and there are EAA staff that read. That's why I am posting here. I did have positive feedback by posting to their page on FB.