Thread: RED Tram route opinions?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Regarding the Red route 'experiment' this year. Unlike last year it was decided to send ALL Red trams along the fence at the back of HBC. First they tried clockwise for about a half a day from the forums and then changed it to counter-clockwise which seemed to work better.

My trams stopped at several unmarked locations once we got back there and we tried to pick up any 'walkers' along the way when possible. The Orange lot pedestrian gate entrance at #35 was moved by EAA Safety and Security (I'm assuming) a block North from where it was earlier in the week to #36. I am told that they had an incident on I think Tuesday where pedestrians came through the gate and then decided to walk down the active runway with planes running on it. That event caused that gate to be chained shut for the duration.
    Per the OFFICIAL printed instruction sheet for shuttle workers given out at our Saturday orientation before the event opens, we are 'supposed' to make stops ONLY at the designated and marked/numbered shuttle stops, unless it is to assist someone with a handicap or very elderly. I cannot fault any conductor who went strictly by the book. Nor would I call out conductors who didn't.

We volunteers will have NO idea how the shuttles/trams will be run next year until our orientation meeting on 07/21/2018.
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 08-04-2017 at 12:11 PM.