Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Safely home

I'm Safely home

Worked the trams as a conductor for nine days, several double shifts, did mornings on the Red line today and then VERY sadly left the grounds till next year and drove on back home to inner city Chicago. Culture shock to say the least - lol

Feeling mighty dog tired but wouldn't change the experience for the world. Plane people are great folks.

I haven't seen any numbers yet but I am 100% certain that attendance was massive every day the sun shone down on the site.

Nothing to do now but wait the 356 days till I can be back up there in aircraft heaven. And YES, my room for next year has already been reserved.

I really should start saving to learn to fly or at least go up in a small airplane. I looks like it must be wonderful.
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 07-31-2017 at 06:30 AM.

Glad you got home safe. I was looking for the tram driver that looked like Wilford Brimley, you all look like Wilford Brimley! I'm sure attendance was up too, the traffic on the Blues days was MASSIVE.

If you were on a tram and the lunkhead conductor pointed out the "official" EAA Dogwood Tree?.... That there was me! - lol

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post

I haven't seen any numbers yet but I am 100% certain that attendance was massive every day the sun shone down on the site.
    Camp Scholler was jam packed Thursday afternoon. I haven't seen so many vehicles so far south, ever. I saw that an entrance to another 10acre field was plowed open and covered with gravel to accommodate more. I saw on EAA news that two additional never used car lots were opened for Saturday. I think Saturday was the most crowded I've ever seen the place.

Great show. GREAT weather (even if the Wed night air show got called early.) It wasn't as hot and humid as recent years. Some nights, it was downright chilly in the tent.

Smoking seemed down from previous years, but there were more smokers Saturday/Sunday, as expected with more of the general public.

Thank you for the work you and the other volunteers do! It is greatly appreciated! You all must have the patience of a saint with all the stupid things I see people do around the trams! I used the trams heavily this past week with my family and greatly appreciate what you do!

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaP5 View Post
    Glad you got home safe. I was looking for the tram driver that looked like Wilford Brimley, you all look like Wilford Brimley! I'm sure attendance was up too, the traffic on the Blues days was MASSIVE.
    I'm sure none of the many female conductors share your view - LOL

Mazda, My first legal name is Wilfred, although some say I do look like him. What did I do now ? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    If you were on a tram and the lunkhead conductor pointed out the "official" EAA Dogwood Tree?.... That there was me! - lol
    Hey Randy, we heard that joke, along with all the jokes about your "brother in Indiana" on the red tram once. On another day we voted for jokes when you asked for a vote on the yellow tram. Toward the end of the week when it got busy, we missed your tram once (you pulled up but the tram was full) and my girls (ages 11 & 12) were so disappointed that we missed you.

Thanks so much for making Oshkosh that much better.

I was looking for Randy. But didn't see name tags. And I thought you were a driver.

Thanks for your great volunteer work Randy. You and the rest of the volunteers make Oshkosh what it is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk