Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N40 Showers

N40 Showers

We are having a great week, we usual, here at OSH. I did have a question though. All week we've been taking showers here in the N40 with water temps that range from chilly to ice-cold. I've heard rumors that the water is warm super early in the morning, but it's never been warm for us even when we try in the late afternoon /evening (i.e. at non peak times).

What's weird is that in past years I remember the water always being warm, even when there was a line for the showers - that is, even when the showers were busy and lots of water being used.

Does anyone know whether the hot water source is broken (this is the new shower house closest to the show entrance, haven't tried the other shower house) or whether they changed the method of generating hot water this year, or what's happening?

I hate to complain about a relatively minor issue in the face of the great weather and good time we're having, but not having had a warm shower in a week is starting to get old, especially for my wife and kids!

Thanks!

Its definitely been lukewarm to chilly between 5am-9am since Saturday in my experience. Never heard why.
    On my list of things to share when I get the survey.
    Brock
    C172H | Central IL
    EAA #1001980

I finally went to the truck stop down the road,paid $10 and had the most luxurious HOT shower I've had in days. Money very well spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not at A/V this year but will be in 2018, so that truck stop location would be nice to know !
    Thanks,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    I'm not at A/V this year but will be in 2018, so that truck stop location would be nice to know !
    Thanks,
    Bob
    It's literally on the opposite side of the expressway from the south entrance to EAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by azmedic85355 View Post
    It's literally on the opposite side of the expressway from the south entrance to EAA.
    And they have a Subway Sandwich shop, lol. One stop shopping.

The Scholler shower house on the corner of Elm and Stits had chilly water during one of my morning showers but all other times it was fine. I just passed it off as hot water depletion as there were a lot of people in the Scholler outskirts! It was great!!

The scholler shower behind the camp store near the entrance has been fine every time I've used it. 8am one morning and 9-10pm every other time

Wow, that was simple, and quick. Thanks az !
    Bob

Yesterday just after the airshow before most of the crowds got in the showers at Elm and Stits were extremely hot. Almost too hot after a full day out in the sun.

Yeah I thought the showers in the N40 were almost to hot in the morning as well as the evenings. Minor issues though given the great time had