Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost wristband

Lost wristband

Soooo,my 6 year old played a little too hard tonight and somehow lost his wristband for the week. Am I SOL or do I have any recourse to get him a new one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may have a solution. Call me in the morning. 770 722-408four

Will do

Do you still have the email they send you with your re-login PIN? That helps prove to EAA that you're a legit ticket holder. Additionally, just about any volunteer will see your group and in their hearts know that 6 yr olds will do that. What're they gonna do? Make you leave him in the car?

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

I lost my weekly wristband a few years after they came out with the after the round passes (long time ago). I went to the shower with it, somehow came back without it. I was able to get to lost and found and ask if anyone turned one in. The worker pulled out a bin from under the counter and said with a grin "Any of these look like yours?"

This is the second year I've had a snap failure on the wristbands. The plastic is thinner, too. It seems they switched suppliers to the worse a couple of years ago. Fortunately, both times it came open in my tent and I found it again. After it happened this year I wrapped the fastener with electrical tape to secure it further.

I took mine to the ticket booth, and they had a "kit" to repair it. Fixed it on the spot. That little guy faces a lot of abuse over the week, for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

Was the original poster's lost wristband replaced at no cost or did he have to buy another one?

They replaced it no issue. Little old lady working the booth said it happens all the time including to her own grandson before

Yeah, the snaps were pretty poor this year. I was sitting on a bench eating a sandwich and a guy walks up to me and says, "Hey - where's your wristband?!?" I looked at my wrist and it was gone. Then he says, "there's one on the ground right next to you - maybe it's yours." It was; I happened to remember the serial number on it "just in case." One of the 3 "tangs" inside the latch part was broken off.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton