Thread: Cleaner and Polish for Painted Airplanes?

Cleaner and Polish for Painted Airplanes?

I am going to be cleaning and waxing/polishing a few airplanes at my local airport to earn some cash for flight training. Wondering what product lines people recommend. All aircraft are painted with no bare metal.
    “It's the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to do so badly. You almost feel like you could fly without a plane.”

-Charles Lindbergh

I have used a product on my truck and it's great.............and easy ! It's called Top Coat and on the spray bottle it has F11. I took my truck through the car wash and when I got home, about 15 mi., I used the Top Coat and after two months it still looks good from just hosing it off or from the rain. It's not cheap but it's quick and pretty easy. I bought the 16 oz. bottle for about $36.00 and I've done the truck twice, glass and all and I still have enough to do it two more times. Check it out on YouTube.
    Bob
    Last edited by robert l; 07-26-2017 at 08:39 PM.

PlanePerfect is a line of products used frequently by the C-195 crowd and similar. If it's good enough for a C-195, it's good enough for me!

P.S. - You never realize how much surface area a plane has on it until you wax it!
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

Quote Originally Posted by Chris In Marshfield View Post
    PlanePerfect is a line of products used frequently by the C-195 crowd and similar. If it's good enough for a C-195, it's good enough for me!

P.S. - You never realize how much surface area a plane has on it until you wax it!
    Chris in Marshfield needs to update his name and signature:-)
    “It's the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to do so badly. You almost feel like you could fly without a plane.”

-Charles Lindbergh

I love the PlanePerfect window cleaner (EyesOutside or something along those lines) and the drywash isn't bad. As far as washing goes, I just use a mild soap to wash with and then I wax with Collinite 845. I've not found anything easier or better.

I use Aero Cosmetics Wash Wax All products on my plane. With the degreaser, cleaner, and some spray on carnauba Turtle Wax it seems to do a good job. The Plex Wax works great on the windows too.

Does it matter if it's a fabric or metal surface we are waxing?