Thread: Serious, but not fatal Fury accident

Serious, but not fatal Fury accident

Acording to news report from the paper, there has just been a Hawker Fury accident in Breckenridge, Texas. Good news is no fatalites, description of injuries to pilot Nelson Ezell and passenger Dustin Mayhill ? are as serious, but not life threaening, may be cuts and some broken bones, and they are now in top hospital in Ft, Worth.
    I have know Nelson and his family for 33 years. they are the essence of warirds in that area Nelson has a major restoraton shop and also raced many times at Reno with the team for Howard Pardue. and one of the nicest down to earth guys you could meet. His wife Dude, and two boys Chad and Ashley are grown men now and skilled warbird people also.

My prayers are going out to them.

Seems to be engine failure so not makig it to the runway, fortunatley there are some open fields around the airport.
    Im having a hard time thinking straight right now, shaken by this report, and trying to write this so it makes sense.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 07-25-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Prayers for a fast recovery for those involved.
    “It's the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to do so badly. You almost feel like you could fly without a plane.”

-Charles Lindbergh

Thoughts to all involved. For some reason, this Sea Fury has a thing about not wanting to fly. I believe this is the third incident with it in the last several years.

I have phoned the shop but only got a recording and so I left my name and a message, hope I had the correct phone number.
    I dont have any updated information on Nelson's condition. I spoke to a long time warbird man who said he had spoken to the daughter, but I wont put any specifics here, since the family hasnt detailed them in a statement. So still seems to be serous but recoverable injuries for Nelson and less serious for the passenger who I dont know.
    Keep him in our prayers.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 08-01-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    I dont have any updated information on Nelson's condition. I spoke to a long time warbird man who said he had spoken to the daughter, but I wont put any specifics here, since the family hasnt detailed them in a statement. So still seems to be serous but recoverable injuries for Nelson and less serious for the passenger who I dont know.
    Keep him in our prayers.
    There was a statement today on another board with more details, but pretty much in line with what you wrote. If you're looking for the details, they are on the forums at the Warbirds Information Exchange.