Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bike Coral

Bike Coral

What's up with the bike corral near the fly market and the exhibit buildings? It's been cut in size by over half to make room for exhibitor parking. Just a bunch of posts in the ground with no cable strung either. The area will not fit all the bikes.
    Last edited by Grndogger; 07-22-2017 at 08:35 PM.

That's disappointing. I was hoping they'd expand the motorcycle/scooter parking area because that's been way too small for a while. It's not a good look for EAA to neglect the Camp Scholler residents like that.

I think they did that last year too...
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Quote Originally Posted by Grndogger View Post
    What's up with the bike coral near the fly market and the exhibit buildings? It's been cut in size by over half to make room for exhibitor parking. Just a bunch of posts in the ground with no cable strung either. The area will not fit all the bikes.
    there are rolls of cable on the ground this afternoon. But, no way is this area large enough for the bikes

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    This might be the one of the reason for the lack of room.
    A new pedestrian path will allow visitors to walk through the F Lot to alleviate overcrowding in the area of the Camp Scholler East Gate.
    Source

I use be a Disc Jockey for party's, spinning records so people would have music to listen to.
    I would get request to play different songs.
    The first hour I would have enough songs request to play for ten hours.
    People would come up to me and say "Why don't you play the song I requested"

Sometimes you just can't make everybody happy.
    It a balancing act.

the bike corral barely contained the bikes last yr. There is another bike parking area by the bus park but it's puny.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    This might be the one of the reason for the lack of room.

Sometimes you just can't make everybody happy.
    It a balancing act.
    Sure, other groups like pedestrians and exhibitors have to be considered, but there has to be ample space for bike/scooter/motorcycle parking. Camp Scholler is huge and many people ride in from their campsite because of the distance involved. EAA knows this but they continue to chip away at the parking area. Maybe when parking overspill becomes a big problem they'll have to look at it again.

Last year we had to buy a couple of bikes at the Good Will because the walking gets to be too much. I was 69 then, had knee injections the week before just so I wouldn't be in so much pain from all the standing and walking. Just because I'm getting older doesn't mean my interest in aviation is any less but I understand there is only so much room and they need to generate revenue. I think most of the bikes and scooters are used by the young kids and not the adults.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    I think most of the bikes and scooters are used by the young kids and not the adults.
    Bob
    That's pure speculation which I don't think is true at all. Plenty of adults ride bikes and motorized vehicles down to the corral, including myself and my parents in their late fifties. Walking from a distant campsite just takes way too long, and after a long day of roaming the grounds, it's nice to buzz back to the RV in just a few minutes.

Well somebody noticed. With all the bikes parked
    against the fence behind fly mart today he exclaimed to no one in particular "Where in the h-- did all the bikes come from!"