Thread: You can help the webcams

You can help the webcams

I mentioned in the Webcam thread that I thought many folks would be willing to help support getting a new Vintage camera purchased. It was knocked out during a recent storm. My donation is already in the mail and I'm sure they'd welcome any size contribution. EAA is footing the bill for the new cam being installed by tomorrow but I'm copying this important message:

"That's very, very kind of you all! Our EAA Live volunteer team is working hard to get this camera back up and operational. A replacement camera is on its way as Todd said. If you would like to donate to these costs, you can send it to:
    EAA
    PO Box 3816
    Oshkosh WI 54903
    In the memo of the check it should say AV Grounds/Webcam – then we will ensure it is directed appropriately.

Thanks so much! And thanks to Todd, Paul and the webcam team for all their hard work."

Sara Nisler
    EAA Publications Team - Digital Managing Editor
    EAA Live Staff Liaison
    Sara Nisler, EAA 1089750
    EAA Digital Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

hi - any options for international donations? - paypal etc?
    2016 1st time Oshkosh visitor, 2017 was hopeful but just not to be..but see my 2016 and upcoming 2018 adventure on mikelynnweb.wordpress.com Celebrating the RAF100

I don't in ANY way speak for the EAA in general or Sara in particular. I just suggested donating as a way to get that Vintage webcam back on line for everyone's enjoyment. Especially those who can't make the trip. That and maybe I'll stand next to one starting tomorrow and call relatives to see me make a TV appearance - LOL

Would a check or Money Order via snail mail be a solution?

Really Guys?

Understand that I have been paying dues to EAA for over 30 years and regularly make contributions to the PAC and Foundation - sending a few bucks isn't the issue. But encouraging donations to repair / replace a web camera is just plain silly. Per the 2016 annual report EAA has 16 MILLION in current assets (usually current assets = mostly cash). And they have their hand out for a camera?

NO,.. "They" don't have their hand out - a lowly EAA member and volunteer with no other connection to the organization (namely ME) - thought it sounded like they might not be able to replace the damaged webcam in time. So silly old me was willing to offer up $20 if that would help (and in fact my check has been mailed) and Sara Nisler thought it was a kind offer and provided a mailing address. She NEVER asked for contributions nor encouraged same, merely provided the means for those inclined to do so... you know... mopes like ME.

Potayto-Potahyo. One man's silly is another man's chance to pay it forward. Apologies if it offends or discomforts you. Sometimes no good deed goes unpunished I reckon.

Since when should anyone feel bad for going above and beyond? Never. As Randy stated it was an attempt to help get something for those of the s who could not attend. Those guys (like a lot of people) volunteer, using their own money to provide us members with a service to enjoy free of charge. To be honest with you I would not care if the took those donations and spoiled themselves..... You know something like gas or food. I guess I am just a dumb a$$.

I almost hesitate to add that while 16 million dollars 'sounds' like a lot of money? The actually sad reality is that it wouldn't buy the 500,000 AirVenture visitors one free lemonade each. Though in the middle of a hot afternoon that cold lemonade sure is mighty tasty.