Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amelia Earhart History Channel.....Big Oops!

Amelia Earhart History Channel.....Big Oops!

The two hour pseudo-science Amelia Earhart special last Sunday used a blurry photo as proof it was her and Fred Noonan on a dock held captive by the Japanese.

Minor problem with the theory.... A Japanese history buff spent about an hour this week and found the photo printed in a travel book published in 1935, two years before the aviatrix went missing.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...soner-by-japan

Perhaps the History Channel should go back to looking for Bigfoot and Noah's Ark? - lol
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 07-13-2017 at 02:29 PM.

Banned
    Sittin' by the dock of the bay, I'll be sittin' when the evenin' comes....

If you look at the photo closely, you'll see that Fred Noonan is talkin' to a very adolescent Otis Redding. 30 years later Otis would say this is where he got the inspiration for this hit song.
    Last edited by Floatsflyer; 07-12-2017 at 03:35 PM.

I confess I DID need my magnifying glass to confirm the pic shows Bigfoot sitting on a crate on the freighter.

I'm surprised they got off WWII. For a long time I referred to them as the Hitler channel.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    The two hour pseudo-science Amelia Earhart special last Sunday used a blurry photo as proof it was her and Fred Noonan on a dock held captive by the Japanese.

Minor problem with the theory.... A Japanese history buff spent about an hour this week and found the photo published in a travel book published in 1935, two years before the aviatrix went missing.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...soner-by-japan

Perhaps the History Channel should go back to looking for Bigfoot and Noah's Ark? - lol
    Well, they said she was "ahead of her time" so 2 yrs ahead wouldn't seem out of line.......

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    I'm surprised they got off WWII. For a long time I referred to them as the Hitler channel.
    I'm reminded of the classic line from "The Simpsons," where Homer refers to the Nazis as "The Washington Generals of the History Channel."

(The Washington Generals was the basketball team that traveled with and played the Harlem Globetrotters in their exhibitions.)

Ron Wanttaja

Banned
    Not to detract from the delicious satire and skepticsm of this thread, but the Washington Nationals were not totally inept and 100% losers. They had one victory against the Globetrotters in 1971.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Not to detract from the delicious satire and skepticsm of this thread, but the Washington Nationals were not totally inept and 100% losers. They had one victory against the Globetrotters in 1971.
    Not the Nationals (a former and current baseball team) but the Generals. And you are correct. Do to the fact that nobody was paying attention to what was really going on during the Globetrotter's performance, they actually managed to win on January 5, 1971. What happened was the Generals managed to run up a twelve point lead during the tomfoolery and the Globetrotters weren't able to come back.

The Generals were, however, professional losers. I used to rib the owners of the Washington Federals (USFL) team (my father and his law partner) that their record was only better than the Generals.

That has all been moved to AHC (formerly Discovery Wings) or Smithsonian

I used to claim that their motto was, "All war, all the time."

They have changed in recent years.