Thread: Typing problems

Typing problems

Does anyone besides me have trouble typing on this forum. I can't type more than a couple of words before the letters and even the space bar stops working. I have to press the appropriate key or space bar several times to complete each word. I'm no typing whiz but this is almost as slow as hunt and peck! It only does it on this forum, I'm confused !!!
    Thanks,
    Bob

Okay, I will bite. Do you have a wireless keyboard? If so, change the batteries. If not what kind of computer/keyboard are you using. I know I do not have any issues what so ever typing. I just typed all this at one time in a straight sitting.
    Joey Shreve
    Liberty Twp OH (near KHAO)
    Sport Pilot
    Check Ride May 30 2017

No, I've seen it from time to time with CKEditor (the thing this forum uses for text entry). I don't know what causes it. Occasionally it happens because the software changes and you have a cached copy of one of the scripts.

If you know how to flush the cache (let me know what browser this is), it might help.

When you have the editing window for your post, there are two buttons on the upper left...both showing a small and big "A", with the second button with a red "x" through it. The first turns on/off the What You See is What You Get (WYSIWYG) mode, the second removes all formating.

In the past, I had the same issue you're mentioning, and turning off the WYSIWYG mode helped. Just click that button so it's not highlighted.

Seemed to be browser-related... had problems at work, with Internet Explorer, but not at home with Firefox.

Might be related to using an older version of IE, since the problem went away at work a while back.

Ron Wanttaja

OK, no buttons are highlighted and I didn't notice if there were any before. Also, this is not a wireless key board but the computer is old, so it may just be that. Anyway, so far in this post the problem has not happened. Go figure ! Thanks for all the advice. Wow, I'm really smokin' now !!!
    Bob

I have had that happen often when using the "Quick reply" option. If I used the "Go Advanced" button it usually works fine.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.