Thread: TIG Torch Holder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Goggles TIG Torch Holder

Thought I would share my TIG torch holder design with the homebuilders, it stays attached to the welding cart, close to the controls. For more details you can check it out on my web page:
    https://gouldaero.com/how-tos/tig-torch-holder/

Any other builders Torch holders & other welding tooling would be good to see

I'm not proud to admit we have never been too concerned about the way we store the torch. We usually just drape the hoses/cables over the ground clamp on the welding table and let the torch hang vertically down about two feet. The negative if that is the hoses/cable take a bit of a set as they curve over the clamp. If it's a couple of feet from the torch it doesn't matter much, if the curve starts near the torch it can be a PITA unless you take the time the straighten everything out first.

I like your holder but one question; does the cup get hot enough to ruin the paint? I might have chosen stainless for that reason.

Pretty nifty.

And I'd think that "ruined" paint would give it character.

The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

I was concerned about the paint as well, I did use Automotive paint and its held up under around 5 - 7 hours of use. The SW200 has a locked and long post flow that likely helps some what with torch cooling. BBQ paint could be an alternate but was compelled to match the "team red" colors. Bare Stainless would be the ultimate no brain-er for heat resistant finishes however its all put together with stuff from my cut off's bin.

One of the first pieces of advice I was given when I stared my own build was "never throw away any piece of scrap longer than two inches, and think twice before throwing out anything smaller."

The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.